Ruger LCP II 22lr Lite Rack

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flintriverterry

Bearcat
I own other Ruger pistols and am very happy with both. Mark II & SR22

Now I want a small pocket pistol, and I believe the LCP II is the front runner. I am in my mid 70's, with Arthritis in my fingers and hands, and my hands are on the small side. Very recoil sensitive.

I would appreciate some thoughts on this pistol, especially from others with similarities to me.

By the way, I love Ruger. Imho, best service on the planet. I had some issues with my Mark IV & SR22, and Ruger did everything they could to make me happy, and they did.
Thanks
Terry

harley08

Blackhawk
I own other Ruger pistols and am very happy with both. Mark II & SR22

Now I want a small pocket pistol, and I believe the LCP II is the front runner. I am in my mid 70's, with Arthritis in my fingers and hands, and my hands are on the small side. Very recoil sensitive.

I would appreciate some thoughts on this pistol, especially from others with similarities to me.

By the way, I love Ruger. Imho, best service on the planet. I had some issues with my Mark IV & SR22, and Ruger did everything they could to make me happy, and they did.
Thanks
Terry
Ruger does have great service!

flintriverterry

Bearcat
I've never thought of the stiff hands advice . But you are correct . I have small hands. I actually have purchased the LCP II. I like it very much. I discovered it doesn't like CCI hollow point. Full metal jacket it eats up. Federal or CCI 1200+ fps. 40 or 36 gr. Doesn't matter. Even the low velocity 1040 FMJ fed perfectly.

No problem with the CCI HV Hollow point. My Taurus TX22 eats any and all 22 lr ammo. Ruger SR22, too.

I've never thought of the stiff hands advice . But you are correct . I have small hands. I actually have purchased the LCP II. I like it very much. I discovered it doesn't like CCI hollow point. Full metal jacket it eats up. Federal or CCI 1200+ fps. 40 or 36 gr. Doesn't matter. Even the low velocity 1040 FMJ fed perfectly.

No problem with the CCI HV Hollow point. My Taurus TX22 eats any and all 22 lr ammo. Ruger SR22, too.
If you want to use hollow points in the LCP II, I can suggest Aquila. Haven't had problems with them at all.

I picked this one up today. Worked great with cci and federal high velocity. Standard velocity wouldn't work the slide. I was surprised at the accuracy. It has the cobalt cerekote slide. I ordered an extra mag from ebay for 23.95 shipped. I like it.
20221129_115758.jpg