Ruger LCP ejection chamber not open after the final round

Help Support Ruger Forum:

speedo

Bearcat
I have recently bought the Ruger LCP. However, I noticed that the ejection chamber does not open after the final round of bullet from the magazine, i.e. after the sixth round. Is that normal, or there's something wrong with my LCP?

speedo

Bearcat
gatrohugger, jhearne, thank you so much for your reply. So this means that when shooting, we have to count the number of bullets to the final round/sixth if we want to change the magazines fast?

I do have an instruction manual that comes with the package. But I haven't read it.

jhearne

Buckeye
No problem, and yes, if you wanted to do a 'tactical reload' you would have to count the rounds and swap before you fired the last round to keep from having to rack the slide like normal shooting. Though IMO the LCP isn't a gun I'd train to do that with, if your looking to do tactical reloads with a carry gun, I'd pick something else.

Welcome to RF.com BTW!

Josh

taphandle

Bearcat
speedo":hbtd211d said:
gatrohugger, jhearne, thank you so much for your reply. So this means that when shooting, we have to count the number of bullets to the final round/sixth if we want to change the magazines fast?

I do have an instruction manual that comes with the package. But I haven't read it.

They do put a thing or two in the instruction manuals that just may be a little helpful to know before attempting to fire the weapon they came with.

I'm sure most folks on here could pick up just about any gun and make it do what it's supposed to do. But I always look through the manual on a new gun, even on a simple revolver. I would say it's just a good idea.

Congrats on your new LCP and welcome to the forum.

mekender

Single-Sixer
Richbaker":1aqs6wvm said:
I gotta agree with Taphandle, when it comes to guns, ALWAYS RTFM!

yup, ill even go look up manuals for old guns that i buy... though finding a manual for my AK was fun, i managed to get the US Army service manual...

Also with some of my old .22's i was able to find out that some of the parts were exchangeable between multiple models, this made it really easy to find a replacement extractor...