Ruger KSSM-5 .32 H&R Mag Stainless info request

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toroflow

Single-Sixer
I am trying to determine how many of these were made. I remember buying it new 10 years (or so) ago, and have never fired it. Also, since I've never used it, I'm trying decide on a price range to sell it. Anyone have any idea what I should ask for this one? Not many ever sold to compare to. Thank you for any assistance.
IMG-2002.jpg

NikA

Buckeye
Last I saw, there were somewhere in the range of 100 released, and NIB ones were selling in the 7-800$ range. I believe that was 2018 or 19, before the current short supply of SA revolvers.

I have one that I very much enjoy shooting. I imagine folks in CAS would be enthusiastic about them as well.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I have one, bought it CHEAP brand new off Gunbroker...It's not going anywhere. My understanding is these were "clean up" guns with somewhere around 100 or so made. I've no doubt one of our Ruger Guru's will be along shortly with more info.

msp2640

Single-Sixer
I picked up one off of GB end of 2020, NIB as well. Not sure the seller knew what it was, as far as a limited production run. I know I hit the buy it now at 650. Did some research on this site and elsewhere, came up with 99 made for Davidson's around Dec of 2015. Later also read maybe 300 were released. Maybe that was the total of 2 runs? When looking into it, I also saw there was a sister model to it, believe it was the 6517, Single Six 32 6 rd, 5.5" bbl, blued with Vaquero style fixed sights. I've seen exactly 1 for sale since, it was NIB for $500....and I didn't have it at the time! I'm out of state at the moment, but I'd like to see if its a consecutive number to mine, as I may be interested. Thanks, Bill

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Just got back from vacation, mine is just over 50#s "north" of yours. Same reddish laminated grips, which are the worst fitting of any Ruger I have. I tried swapping a spare set of both black laminated and the current black checkered plastic and neither fit well. Think the GF itself needs to be slimmed down a bit, but for now it's sitting in the safe. Thanks, Bill in MA

Just got back from vacation, mine is just over 50#s "north" of yours. Same reddish laminated grips, which are the worst fitting of any Ruger I have. I tried swapping a spare set of both black laminated and the current black checkered plastic and neither fit well. Think the GF itself needs to be slimmed down a bit, but for now it's sitting in the safe. Thanks, Bill in MA
I bought mine about three years ago NIB on a website. Paid $460.00 plus shipping as I recall. My serial is 650-572XX and is a 5 1/2". The grip frames are the worst fit on grips and extremely sharp corners. I love the gun and wish Ruger had done these in 327 as well. I have the Single Seven but there is something to be said for a six shooter being a SIX shooter not 7 or 8 or ...

Sergeant206

I looked up my model 6518 and all the information I have is pretty much been stated 99 guns satin stainless fluted adjustable fiber-optic Rosewood from Davidsons in 2015.
I never heard the number 300 anywhere applied to these before but if that's the case I'd like more information.
The model 6517 was indeed also a Davidson gun from 2015 fixed vaquero type sites blue fluted cylinder but I haven't heard production numbers on that one.
I have NEVER heard of any KSSM sixes 6 1/2 inch stainless 32 H&R's anywhere at all and would sure appreciate any information on those especially a Ruger model number, if anybody ever hears anything else about th'em.
I think Chad would probably be able to answer that question and I hope he sees this post.
I actually have two of the model 6518s and would trade one of them for the right gun.
unfortunately weasel meat gravy I believe has the gun in question and I haven't bothered him in two or three years about it.😳 also check on GunBroker for completed sales you find out the 32 H&R guns are going for crazy big money lately.

I have to amend that last post plain as day in the Rene reference in 1991 at the Ruger shot show and NRA show a KSSM6 stainless 6 1/2 inch barrel gun adjustable sites was displayed . I sure would like to know if it was any more than just a "one of" at the time, and if there was any real production on these.

chopperdoc

Bearcat
I have a 6518. At the time I bought it new, I had read that there were 300. Then another 300 for a total of 600.

Attachments

• 4AA0FDE1-76B8-48E0-B664-33684738BB1B.jpeg
    4AA0FDE1-76B8-48E0-B664-33684738BB1B.jpeg
    433.2 KB · Views: 54