Ruger in .45ACP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Would You Buy A Ruger DA Revolver in .45 ACP If They Built It?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snake45

Hawkeye
Voted No because I already have some Smiths, and I prefer Smith DA revolvers. I'd take a look at a Ruger offering and be willing to be persueded, however.

maxpress

Buckeye
so what were saying is we need an "m-frame" ruger somewhere between the gp and the redhawk finally for all of us that like .41 .44spl 45 colt

s4s4u

Hunter
Why buy a revolver in 45 ACP when there are much better options for the platform, and thousands of semi autos in it.

cas6969

Buckeye
Well they could make a small run of Redhawks in it, short barrels, maybe slimmed down a little. Otherwise nothing they have works out for it very well.

Ruger coming out with an in between sized DA is kind of slim, even if they did I think it would be a virtually non existent market. Even S&W has reduced the options for their 45 ACP revolvers.

(and I own a 325 and a 625... and need another because I'm wearing this one out) ;)

USPSA625.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
maxpress":37sjx1gt said:
so what were saying is we need an "m-frame" ruger somewhere between the gp and the redhawk finally for all of us that like .41 .44spl 45 colt
Yeah, that'd be great but I'm not holding my breath.

Then again, Ruger has surprised us through the years with "niche" guns that no one thought there was a market for....

maxpress

Buckeye
im not saying it would be feasible or profitable. im just saying i would like it =). course im not going to bide my time waiting for them to make me a couple of custom guns at msrp prices.

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
Sumpthin' to talk about & stranger things have been known to happen.

Taurus came out w/MODEL 450 & 450Ti in DA. 5 rnd, 45 colt.

Model 455 Stellar Tracker Revolver,45 ACP,
Matte Stainless Steel Barrel,Adjustable Sights,Ribber Grips

The .45 Stellar Tracker in .45 ACP is available in 2, 4 and 6-1/2 inch
barrels and uses the exclusive Taurus Stellar Clip to hold 5 rounds of
the familiar .45 ACP and allows for easy loading and ejection. The .45
Stellar features the exclusive Taurus Ribber Grip, adjustable sights
and the Taurus Security System.

SPECIFICATIONS:

CALIBER: .45 ACP.

ACTION: Double/Single.

SAFTEY: Transfer Bar/Key Lock

TRIGGER: Smooth

CAPACITY: 5 Rounds

BARREL LENGTH: 2",4"

SIGHTS: 455SS2-Fixed

455SS4,455SH4-Front Fixed,Rear-Adjustable

OVERALL LENGTH: 2"- 6 3/4", 4"- 8 3/4"
OVERALL WIDTH: 1.531"

OVERALL HEIGHT: 2"- 5.10",4"- 5.40"

WEIGHT: 2"- 23.8 oz,4"- 28.8 oz
GRIPS: Black Ribber Grip

FRAME: Compact

FINISH: 2"- Matte Stainless Steel, 4"- Stainless Steel,

4" - Shadow Grey

MATERIAL: Titanium

MSS: MATTE STAINLESS STEEL
AS: AJUSTABLE SIGHTS
SS: STAINLESS STEEL
SG: SHADOW GREY
----------------------------------------------------
I understand they had horrible triggers and the 2" brl was ported for the 45 Colt & ACP

Please, I beg of you do not build a 45acp and offer a ported brl. and make the length at least 2 3/4"...

Now if you wish to unveil a 5 rnd, DA in 45 Colt & 45 ACP then sign me up for one of each...

Elmer

Bearcat
I voted no. I like .45 ACP in an auto, but don't see the point in a revolver. I have never been interested in revolvers chambered for semi-auto cartridges.

A .44 special DA revolver makes more sense to me. I would buy a GP in .44 special in a heartbeat.

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
If you don't roll your own and 45acp can be found under 20 bucks while 44spl or 45 Colt is over 30 clams then it becomes a matter of economics.

Two boxes of one is three of the other...

Academy sells Monarch 45acp for 18.99 & 44spl/45 colt cowboy for 31.99 bucks.
----------------
Of course there's always Win PDX-1 in 45 colt.

225 gn 850'ps for 360'lbs @ 29.99 for a box of 20...

deac45

Single-Sixer
Nicksterdemus":diu5jg9y said:
...Model 455 Stellar Tracker Revolver,45 ACP,
Matte Stainless Steel Barrel,Adjustable Sights,Ribber Grips

The .45 Stellar Tracker in .45 ACP is available in 2, 4 and 6-1/2 inch
barrels and uses the exclusive Taurus Stellar Clip to hold 5 rounds of
the familiar .45 ACP and allows for easy loading and ejection. The .45
Stellar features the exclusive Taurus Ribber Grip, adjustable sights
and the Taurus Security System...

Anyone know the truth of whether these will accept 45 AutoRim or not? I've heard yes/no/maybe.

deac45

REP1954

Blackhawk
Oh yes I will take a blued GP100 with a 3" barrel and adjustable sights and a blued 3" barrel fixed sight as well in 45 ACP right now. Okay you guessed it I voted yes.

I voted no, only because of the choice of existing platforms. A .45 ACP in a Redhawk would not be my choice.

However, if Ruger tooled up for a gun between the GP and Redhawk, in size, or modifying the GP just enough to be a 6-shot .45 ACP, then I could be interested in a Ruger .45 ACP revolver. I understand it's not likely. The .45 ACP cartridge is extremely efficient for its intended purpose. It is also very available. I would then, vote yes.

I also know that with all the attempts at 9mm DA revolvers, it's not what the public wanted. I think other than by true fans of .45 ACP revolvers, the reception of such a gun would be received by the public with the same lack of enthusiasm.

WAYNO.

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
I also voted no as I have two S&W M625 Model of 1989 with a 3" and 4" barrel. Love those .45 AR's.

Now if I could only find a M625 5" Model of 1989....

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
I pretty much like the Thunder Ranch for a 45acp revolver. Its the 4 inch fixed sight blue above the 27 nickel.
1208722208.jpg

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
Yes
50% [ 28 ]
No
49% [ 27 ]

Total Votes : 55
----------

Where did the other percent go?

resident

Single-Sixer
Nicksterdemus":3eoo4oho said:
Yes
50% [ 28 ]
No
49% [ 27 ]

Total Votes : 55
----------

Where did the other percent go?

<sarcasm on>
That 1% went the same place 90% as those that say they'll buy a Ruger DA revolver in 45 ACP will go if/when it's ever actually produced..... Vaporized... They really mean they'd find the gun interesting, but if it were on the shelf at the local gundealer they'd not actually pull out their wallets. Ruger knows that as well, and will never make this imaginary gun.
Sorry, but that's the plain truth. Anyone who wants such a gun should buy a Redhawk, take it to their custom gunsmith and have it altered, and that's what any sensible mfr will think also, in my opinion. I've many times seen new guns in the store and thought "Well, that's nice...but..... I really wish it were such and such instead of so and so."
A couple years later...."such and such" was available and I looked at it and thought, "Well, that's nice, ...but I really wish it were so and so instead of such and such." Again... in my experienced opinion.
<sarcasm off>