Ruger Hunter Model Going By The Wayside?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JohnnyRingo

Bearcat
i heard a rumor awhile back that rugers hunter model was going to be discontinued in both 22/22M and 44M.

has anyone else heard this rumor? one of the mebers and myself have been talking about it a bit via PM, and hes seen the same things i have. while they havent announced any discontinuation, they havent made any of the hunter
models now for some time.as rbannon mentioned, you used to see them all the time on gunsamerica and gunbroker, but you hardly see them at all now and if you do, they are expensive ( i saw a hunter 22 convertible go for around $650 awhile back on gunbroker, and it didnt even have a scope on it)

anyone heard the rumor that there planning on discontinuing them?

JohnnyRingo

Bearcat
man, you were lucky then cause aint no one got them anywere. none of the distributors have had them in several months, and every one i talk to says that rugers not making them and they cant get them. ive been looking for one for months in 44M but cant find a single one.

when was the one yhou found actually manufactured? it should say on the box or the envelope with the spent casing

kimberguy2004

Bearcat
I've got one with about 100 rounds through it that I'm considering selling but I havn't got around to listing it on Gun Broker yet.. I have my eye on another Freedom Arms and could use the $$$ to finance it. It's been fitted with a Belt MT base pin and a free spin pawl. I scoped it and shot 1.25" groups @ 50 yards so it's no slouch in the accuracy department. I would take $600 shipped to your FFL. PM me if you are interested. Forgot to mention that it's the Bisley version.

Pal Val

Buckeye
Seems to me like this has been around before. When I bought my .44 mag Hunter, there was talk of the gun being discontinued. That was 5 yrs ago. At the time, the .22 Hunter was really scarce. They, it came back.

I assume that Ruger simply doesn't have a steady production line for these guns. They seem to come out in batches.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
Dude I just bought one last month off GA that was stone cold NIB with a brand new silver 2x Leupold for $590. The scope had been mounted in the rings, but neither had been shot. When it arrived, I confirmed the condition. Keep looking, they're out there.

Fulldraw™

Bearcat
It's my understanding that the SBH Hunter in .45 Colt has been discontinued and that's why I snapped up this find last week. I'm still on the prowl for a SBH Hunter in .44 and a Single Six Hunter.

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

NMCB3

Bearcat
JohnnyRingo":2se1diy7 said:
man, you were lucky then cause aint no one got them anywere. none of the distributors have had them in several months, and every one i talk to says that rugers not making them and they cant get them. ive been looking for one for months in 44M but cant find a single one.

when was the one yhou found actually manufactured? it should say on the box or the envelope with the spent casing
The spent casing says June 2009.

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
I guess this makes it easy for me as I HAD given some thought about getting rid on my 44 Mag Hunter in stainless. Thanks guys

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
The 44 Hunter, 44 Bisley, and 22 Convertable hunters are still being made as I have seen each with the new Newport address on them. The 41 and 45s were always limited item guns and the 17s have been discontinued at least for now.

I don't think these are going anywhere but hey stranger things happen and Ruger doesn't share sales info so we don't know just how many sell. I know I have somwhere around 15 Single Action Hunters however :oops:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
What about the 41 Rem Mag. Has this caliber been discountinued? I see on one of the auction sites there are 3 in this caliber and the asking price is about $620,00 for NIB. Is this a fair price?
TNX

JohnnyRingo

Bearcat
Quarterbore":e1exd0jl said:
The 44 Hunter, 44 Bisley, and 22 Convertable hunters are still being made as I have seen each with the new Newport address on them. The 41 and 45s were always limited item guns and the 17s have been discontinued at least for now.

I don't think these are going anywhere but hey stranger things happen and Ruger doesn't share sales info so we don't know just how many sell. I know I have somwhere around 15 Single Action Hunters however :oops:

QB.....

actually bro, i called ruger this morning on a set of grips, and spoke to a customer service lady who said that only a few of the 44s are being made, and they have discontinued production on the convertible single six hunter for now, maybe perm....now, i dont know that for the gospel (as even though they have great customer service, i have on occasion gotten wrong info from there phone people) but as scarce as they are getting, it wouldnt suprise me much. the lady told me that they havent ever been a big seller.

i love my 22 convertible hunter. found out the hard way that they dont like that cruddy green box worthless POS remington 22 mag, BUT when i switched brands mine shoots like a dream. the winchester black box supreme 30gr shoots 1 hole groups all day. the tollerances and cylinder/barrel gap on it is so tight i can sit out in my front yard in thbe middle of town and shoot CB longs thru it all day and it isnt even as loud as my sons pellet rifle!

JHRosier

Single-Sixer
I just received a NIB .44mag SBH Hunter from a gunbroker auction.
SN 88-32xxx
Date on fired case envelope is 6/12/2009.
I am assuming that they are fired/dated when made, but who knows for sure.

Nice gun, shoots well and has no issues that I can see.
Fitted and finished as well as any new model Ruger single-action that I have seen or owned.
BTW, warning on side of bbl and no eagle on rear sight.

Jack

ajw65

Bearcat
Seen a new Ruger 41 mag Bisley Hunter in a local shop on Friday for 589.00.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
ajw65":344pohzx said:
Seen a new Ruger 41 mag Bisley Hunter in a local shop on Friday for 589.00.

If you can check, does this have the Southport Conn or Newport NH roll-mark on the barrel? I can't afford to buy right now but if it has a Newport address please send me a phone number for the dealer and I may try to max out a credit card :oops: