Ruger Guys, Newbie needs some FAST advise

Help Support Ruger Forum:

triplebike

Bearcat
Hi guys, I put on hold a used stainless Ruger SR9. today. The shop wants a commitment to buy by noon tomorrow. They're asking $350. That price includes a 3rd mag. The gun was made in late 2009 according to the serial #. Good deal? Anything I need to look for? They broke it down for me & other than being a little dirty it looked good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
triplebike":18qcuv7s said:
Hi guys, I put on hold a used stainless Ruger SC9. today. The shop wants a commitment to buy by noon tomorrow. They're asking $350. That price includes a 3rd mag. The gun was made in late 2009 according to the serial #. Good deal? Anything I need to look for? They broke it down for me & other than being a little dirty it looked good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm assuming you are referring to an SR9, $350 would be maybe high but not a terrible price at all for one with an extra mag if it was in great shape but any gun store that holds your feet to the fire in 24hrs will not get my business, ever. I would pass on it.

triplebike

Bearcat
They put it on hold for me without any money down. That's the reason for the commitment. The shop has an excellent rep & they are good people. Their price for the same gun new is $409.00.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
triplebike":22sw20e1 said:
They put it on hold for me without any money down. That's the reason for the commitment. The shop has an excellent rep & they are good people. Their price for the same gun new is $409.00.

Then buy the new one. The previous owner could have been a cut some springs and freakin' Dremel Tool hack.

OMG

Bearcat
Not a bad price imo. I would examine it real close for peening since this has been a issue with some of the SR9's.

I really enjoy mine. It is great for target shooting. If you want it, get it.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
OMG":x7b7ibwz said:
Not a bad price imo. I would examine it real close for peening since this has been a issue with some of the SR9's.

I really enjoy mine. It is great for target shooting. If you want it, get it.

If it's a late model built in 2009 it probably won't have that issue. For $59 more he gets a new pistol, I'll take new for that difference.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Yeah, unless you really want the extra mag, I'd go for it. Personally two mags are sufficient for me, granted I'm not into any shooting leagues.