Ruger gun props

Help Support Ruger Forum:

feathers73

Bearcat
Does anyone know where you can buy gun props with the ruger logo. For those not familiar with them they are shaped like a shotshell, plastic and would feature the ruger logo on the end.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I asked my shop which has a LOT of 'em. They told me to call Ruger. Tried and nothing that route. Gonna try and call in a favor with a diff shop. ;)

flatgate

Hawkeye
I use two styles. Homeboy made 1/2" wood dowels with a small recess drilled in one end and a Ruger grip medallion attached via some glue.
57792623.jpg

(Nope, not my RSSE...... )

The other, more flashy style comes from Forum Member Splitz/Hawkeye 28.

A 3/4" (IIRC) clear plastic "dowel" has a Ruger Keychain fob attached via glue.

Here's a pic containing the "key chain" fob. I simply remove the little loop via a dremel and glue it to the clear dowel.
103068087.jpg

flatgate

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Check over on the S&W forum. There's a guy that goes by the name of shooboy, that makes them, and some mighty fine gunsmith hammers. He does a land office business. I've got one of his hammers, and his work is beautiful. He makes several styles of both the hammers, and props. he'll install a cartridge base in what ever caliber you want, on the props.
Earl.

danjoe2006

Bearcat
i got about ten of them, got them from my dealer who got them from his ruger rep. before getting these, i had planned on making some like the one shown in flatgates picture. would be easy to make. you can get the medallions from ruger.