Ruger GP 100 Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GP 100 Grips: Classic or Modern

• Classic (rubber grip with wood insert, NO FINGER GROOVES)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modern (All rubber with finger grooves)

• No preference

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Surefire

Bearcat
Do you prefer the classic GP 100 grips (wood inserts inside rubber non-finger grooves), or modern grips (appears to be Hogue?)

Surefire

Bearcat
Just for the record, I LOVE the classic grips. Fits my hand like it was made for it. Also has a pleasing look, IMO for a rubber grip.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE, well you get the idea, the modern grips. The finger grooves just destroy the ergonomics for my hand. I also think the modern grips are hideous looking, and detract from the nice look of the GP.

GEDC0185.jpg

No contest!

But, I gotta say, although I would never buy them, I've shot a few big revolvers with these Hogues, and they are really nice for shooting, as long as ya don't have to look at them.

And it's not as easy to decide, Hogue or otherwise, as the Hogues are now original factory equipment on the GP100's.
GEDC0181.jpg

WAYNO.

jbadams66

Bearcat
I like the old style wood inserts for both look and feel. The hogue grips dont fit my hand. There is to much swell in the palm of the hand for me. I also had a set of aftermarket hogue grips that had the clip the holds the grip on rust up.

Ill stick with the old stuff.

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
Love the original grips with birdseye maple inserts. Fit my hand and sets off the GP100. greg

Surefire

Bearcat
Wow, pretty strong results in favor of the classic style. Too bad Ruger doesn't read this forum.

I know Lett grips is out of business, but I'm sure some other company out there is capable of bringing back the classic grips?

bub

Single-Sixer
Classic, all the way. I have VERY LARGE hands (a Glock 21 fits my hands real well) and, so far, none of the stocks that I have tried that have finger grooves fit me at all. The finger grooves are in exactly the wrong places for me. In fact, nothing that I have tried that has finger grooves (including 3rd and 4th Gen Glocks; as much as I LOVE Glocks, I won't buy any of them made with finger grooves because they don't fit right) fits me right, including Hogue stocks.

Bub

WESHOOT2

Hunter
As so we reach the dichotomy; do I go for 'looks', or performance.

Me? I don't care if the stocks are made from dried cow poop; which do I shoot the gun BEST with?
My guns wear those.......

No, I ain't got pics....

Bozack

Single-Sixer
I like the looks of the Classic over the finger grooved grip. Not really a fan of the finger grooves feel in my hands also.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Mine looks like yuors there WAYNO, but mine came with the Hogue mono on it as it was a used gun.

I lucked out. It fits my hand and shoots like a dream.
The really good kind. :D

Single-Sixer
My GP wears the smaller old school grip of the fixed sight models and fits me like it was made for me. When they switched to the Hogues I bought a few sets of spares for the future.

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
I have the standard-size GP100 grip and the compact-size GP100 grip from Ruger, and the Hogue grip that's now the standard-issue Ruger grip. Out of the three, I much prefer the compact-sized Ruger grip (originally provided for the fixed-sight GP100 models), followed by the standard-size Ruger grip, and lastly the Hogue grip.

I've found the compact-sized grip to be effective, ergonomic and easily concealable on my 4" GP100.

Best, Jon

JohnW

Bearcat
For looks, the classic. For function, the Hogues, far and away. They improved the feel of my GP so much, I quickly ordered a set for my P944. They're an even bigger improvement on it.

Dienekes

Single-Sixer
Classic. I have small hands, and the only DA revolver grips I have ever fit me well have been Spegels made to a very similar shape.

Not to mention that the Hogues are UGLY. We already have too many ugly guns and it seems that every week brings more of them.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
The smaller standard grips on the fixed sight GP100's didn't do anything for me and kept my middle finger in constant pain. Switched to Hogues, but they were too big for CC. Switched to the larger standard grips with inserts as was used on the adj sight GP's and problem solved! :D
But that's just me. YMMV