Ruger GP-100 cylinder latch question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My Toy

Bearcat
Is there any harm in stoning off a few thousandths from the cylinder latch to get a little more rotation in the cylinder to allow a range rod to pass in to a couple of chambers that the range rod "ticks" on the chamber mouths? I'm guessing the cylinder latch in a Ruger is an investment cast part as opposed to MIMed. The pawl will easily rotate the cylinder enough it is the cylinder latch that is keeping the cylinder from rotating quite enough.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Do you really mean that the cylinder BOLT is what is really hindering rotation? That's the thing at the bottom which "falls" upward into the notch in the cylinder.
If that's the case, the answer is NO! (As in "can I do that")
Send it back to Ruger, or live with it.

My Toy

Bearcat
woodsy said:
Do you really mean that the cylinder BOLT is what is really hindering rotation? That's the thing at the bottom which "falls" upward into the notch in the cylinder.
If that's the case, the answer is NO! (As in "can I do that")
Send it back to Ruger, or live with it.

Sound advice I think I'll do that.
Thanks for the input.

GP100man

Buckeye
Most revolvers these days are built with wiggle room so the lock works lives longer(not battered by recoil) & if you can get the range rod not to (tick) while applying slight pressure to the cyl. & it`s not "spitting" you`re good.

But by all means give Ruger a call & keep us informed please .

GP

My Toy

Bearcat
GP100man said:
Most revolvers these days are built with wiggle room so the lock works lives longer(not battered by recoil) & if you can get the range rod not to (tick) while applying slight pressure to the cyl. & it`s not "spitting" you`re good.

But by all means give Ruger a call & keep us informed please .

GP
Will do. Perhaps the problem I perceive is not a problem at all.
Thanks for the additional info.