Ruger GP 100 6"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

opos

Buckeye
I have a GP 100 in 4" and really enjoy it...it's stainless with the older style inserted grips (rosewood) and a great revolver...now I have a choice to make...do I need a 6" stainless with the rosewood grips? Friend has one for $400...very slightly used and in great shape....I haven't had much experinece with anything but the 4" and wonder if I should just be happy with it and move on...is $400 plus all the "junk" a reasonable price for a really nice 6" GP?

Many thanks :?

Terry T

Buckeye
It's a very fair price. Is it the half lug or the full lug? Half lug is no longer offered. The longer sight radius does help.
Terry T

ddd482

Single-Sixer
i would buy it at that price- also keep in mind what the "junk" is worth- that can add up too-

opos

Buckeye
Terry T":1fqoea6x said:
It's a very fair price. Is it the half lug or the full lug? Half lug is no longer offered. The longer sight radius does help.
Terry T

Just tried to edit this and this may be a dupe..if so..sorry...it's a full lug and in absolutly like new condition..What the heck...just called the guy and said I'd take it so in a couple of weeks I'll have a new toy to play with. Thanks for all the comments..

LarryH

Single-Sixer
opos,
I've had several GP100's in the 4" both in stainless and blue. All were great shooters but I always end up selling or trading them for something else. One though, that has always stuck by my side is the 6" full lug stainless GP. Outstanding accuracy and I can shoot it very well. Can't get rid of that one even though I have had some handsome offers for it. You will enjoy yours!

GP100man

Buckeye
"GP" general purpose, good for shootin what needs shootin!!!

In any configuration!!!!

I`ve had many ,but the last to leave the hill will be the Stainless 6" with the 4" a close second!!!!