Ruger Gold Label

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WMB30

Single-Sixer
Being this shotgun is no longer produced what would be a realistic price for one, NIB custom shop engraved.

Bill

Coop

Blackhawk
NIB, no engraving, I'd say $4000.00+

NIB, engraved, $70.00 per hour for how much it is engraved, plus base price of $4000.00.

IMHO

Coop

Trigg

Bearcat
I have three Gold Labels one standard English stock with outstanding wood. I use this one quite often.

The other two are from the custom shop. Both have upgraded wood. One is a pistol grip the other is English stocked. The pistol grip has a Ruger installed Ruger rubber recoil pad. It has ecellent wood.

The price for custom shop guns is going to vary a great deal with the engraving. These two were some of the very last custom shop guns. I bought one with each style grip because I knew from a Ruger senior executive there would be no more.

I have actually concluded that I prefer the English grip.

If someone is interested I might let one go but I know but i will always wnat to have two.

Trigg

Hammer

Single-Sixer

Have a Ruger Gold Label with English straight grip and splinter forend.

Shoots OK.

Have one friend who has a large collection of side-by-side shotguns. He shoots his Gold Label more than the rest combined.

Where does the poor reputation for the Ruger Gold Label among internet shotgun forums, among gunsmiths, and among shotgun range shooters come from ?

chet15

Hawkeye
Hammer":1bc864qs said:
Where does the poor reputation for the Ruger Gold Label among internet shotgun forums, among gunsmiths, and among shotgun range shooters come from ?

Ruger could never get their you-know-what together to figure out how to get those thin barrels welded together properly.
And the last time Ruger had one on display (the NRA show at St. Louis), the butt to receiver fit had nearly a 1/8" gap! A bad time to be displaying that gun when the three S&W Turkish over unders and side by sides that were there had perfect wood to metal fit! Granted, those Turkish guns were probably the prototypes, and S&W of course made sure those were premo examples, but what gives (at Ruger?????).
A BAAAAD DEAL!!!
Chet15

single action

Single-Sixer
I only saw two gold labels come through the gun store that I help at, and both of them were very poorly fitted wood to metal and were not the quality I would have expected. I ended up buying a featherweigh Citori combo albeit not a side by side the craftsmanship is very good.
Could not understand as Chet pointed out why they could not figure out how to make a side x side, this is not cutting edge technology.............! IMHO single action

Coop

Blackhawk
single action":21r9o6ys said:
I only saw two gold labels come through the gun store that I help at, and both of them were very poorly fitted wood to metal and were not the quality I would have expected. I ended up buying a featherweigh Citori combo albeit not a side by side the craftsmanship is very good.
Could not understand as Chet pointed out why they could not figure out how to make a side x side, this is not cutting edge technology.............! IMHO single action

I cannot speak for all the Gold Labels out there. I saw my first one (a prototype) in 2001 at the Ben Avery Shooting Range in Phoenix, AZ, and fell in love with it..

Finally got mine in early 2007. Super Long Story - Thank you Mr. Fifer.

It is a beauty, fit and finish are outstanding. I believe it is the same quality as the European SxS I have seen over the last 30 years. Me and my Gold Label were out pheasant hunting last week here in western PA.

SA, too bad you have such a poor view of those Gold Labels.

Coop

Belt Fed

Single-Sixer
I read somewhere that Ruger is still working on a new Gold Label design. I hope this is true. Time will tell.

chet15

Hawkeye
golferboy426":3rctes60 said:
I wasn't aware Ruger ever put a pad on and I thought the custom shop only did the engraving. How did you confirm the pad is from Ruger?

Sorry for the late reply their golferboy, but just re-read this thread. Yes, Ruger had a special pad that they put on per request. Have also seen them on two specially made WBR guns.
Chet15