Ruger Go Wild in 308

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Starky

Bearcat
Hi all

Just picked up my new rifle and am wondering do I need to remove the muzzle brake prior to its first clean? If so is it hard to remove and do I need a special tool?

Thanks in advance.

Probably don't need to remove it prior to cleaning, but if you ever do want to remove it, might be best to use a barrel vice to support the rifle. I have a Hawkeye with a brake and have not been able to remove mine (don't have a barrel vice) and afraid of putting idiot marks all over it after my first unsuccessful attempt.

Starky

Bearcat
Thanks all for your input. I'll start the cleaning and breaking in process. Can't wait to get to the range. Cheers

Welcome. Those Go Wild editions look good. I have the Navy Digital American in 308. It is very accurate with various loads and bullet weights. I also have Predator versions in 223 and 243. All 3 shoot under MOA easily.
I usually leave the muzzle break on but have removed them on occasion without any issues.

Starky

Bearcat
Welcome. Those Go Wild editions look good. I have the Navy Digital American in 308. It is very accurate with various loads and bullet weights. I also have Predator versions in 223 and 243. All 3 shoot under MOA easily.
I usually leave the muzzle break on but have removed them on occasion without any issues.
That's is great to hear that it shoots well and is under MOA! Can't wait to get it out to the range. Cleaned it yesterday so its all ready to go. Just grabbed a couple of packs of 150 g PPU ammo to start off with. I'll grab some different brands to go as well closer to the date. Cheers