Ruger Girl, Kelly Kimbro hurt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

circlergrugers

Vaquero
This is from her daughter Mackenzie:

Some of you have heard, some haven't. Here it is: yesterday (the 30th) my mom and Warner and two guests were lion hunting in some incredibly rugged country. Thankfully everyone was together for a moment, because mom went to get on her mule and the boulder she was using as a step rolled out from under her, bumping her mule's hind leg, causing the mule to spook. Mom had her right foot in the stirrup (getting on from the uphill side in the best place she could for where they were in the moment), but her shoulder weakness prevented her from being able to pull herself into the saddle as the mule ran and bucked off the mountain. At some point early in the running and bucking, the mule landed straight down on the side of mom's left leg, breaking both bones completely (tibia and fibula). This yanked mom to the ground, where she hit her face in a bunch of boulders. Warner and the two guests immediately got down to mom and splinted her leg (which was backwards). Thanks to an amazing bunch of ranchers and border patrol agents and the border patrol helicopter, mom was finally lifted off the mountain 6 hours after the wreck. She got into a medivac helicopter in Animas, NM, which flew her to UMC in Tucson, AZ. The verdict is fractures in the face around the right eye socket and both the tibia and fibula in the left leg completely broken. She is scheduled for surgery (and at the time of me composing this she is in surgery) today (the 31st) that will be for both injuries. She is not feeling great, but wanted me to post this to let everyone know the whole story. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, and thank you to everyone (in advance) for your support and well wishes. I will continue to post as I get new information. #PrayersForKellyGlennKimbro (PS this picture was not from yesterday! It was from about 1 1/2 months ago) AND PLEASE FOLLOW THE HASHTAG ABOVE FOR ALL THE UPDATES, should work out pretty good.

contender

Ruger Guru
Wow! I know Kelly & she's a tough lady. I HATE hearing about her accident. I will be praying HARD for her.
We Ruger fans of many years have been blessed to have her as a spokesperson for Rugers & now,,, we can all offer her our prayers.

Kelly, if you get to reading this page,,, during your recovery,,,, this NC hillbilly (Tyrone) is wishing you ALL the best.

circlergrugers

Vaquero
https://www.facebook.com/mackenzie.kimbro/posts/10204143779874017:2

This is another update from Mackenzie as of this morning. Keep her and her family in your thoughts as she heals.

circlergrugers

Vaquero
Ok so here is the info again a differen way! I'm very sorry about that.

(11:30 AM Jan 1) update: mom felt good this morning, and got a happy surprise being whisked away to pre op right away (8). She was in and out of surgery for her eye seamlessly, and we just got her back in her private room. She's napping now, and will be able to eat in just about an hour, but will probably stick with clear liquids and super soft stuff for a while, some pretty good swelling in the mouth, nose and right face along with bruising. Keep praying please, and I'll keep updating! Follow along with #PrayersForKellyGlennKimbro (you can search that hashtag on Facebook and Instagram and you'll see all of my updates about mom). Thanks everyone for your well wishes, I'll be going through them with her this evening! And we are asking that those wishing to visit please hold off just a while, we might not be at the hospital for long! Follow the updates and we'll let you know when things change.

contender

Ruger Guru
circlergrugers,,,, MANY thanks for keeping us posted. I wasn't able to open any links & I don't do facebook.

I'm seriously praying for Kelly,,, she's always been a super nice lady!