Ruger dragoon .44

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thanatos

Bearcat
A friend of mine showed me his Ruger Dragoon 44Mag Single action revolver that he inherited from his father. It's beautiful! The blueing is almost perfect, just a small amount of holster wear on the left front side of the barrel. You can tell it's really been taken care of.

Do any of you know anything about this gun? Tried to go on the Ruger Forum but it wont accept AOL users. The Strum Ruger web site has no mention of it.

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted above,, Ruger never called any of their models a "Dragoon."
Yet, the Super Blackhawk does have what is commonly called a "Dragoon" style grip frame.
If we have a serial number,, or at least most of it,, (example; 80-123xx) we can help a lot more if it is a Ruger. The factory site isn't always the best place to get correct or detailed information. (This is due to the fact that the Company hasn't ever fully put the correct records in a computer format.)

By the comment about it being "beautiful" and well taken care of,, I'd suspect it may have been made during a timeframe where we around here call it a "high polish" bluing.

Get the serial, barrel length, and look at the frame for the model. That will help us determine a lot more for you.

hittman

Staff member
Ruger makes these things super simple.
Name of the gun is printed right on the side.