Ruger Displays

Help Support Ruger Forum:

americal

Hunter
Hope you enjoy these photos of some past Ruger exhibits by my friend, on the left, and yours truly, Americal, on the right. My friend made the Ruger bird & he also did the oil paintings of the super blackhawk & the american eagle. We used to find a lot of Rugers by setting up displays. It was some fun days that we had & met a lot of well-known Ruger collectors. Sure did learn a lot in those days. The red bird has single sixes only and an array of centerfires from flat tops to light weights, bearcats, and all others inbetween on the table. All old model Rugers plus some early 10-22's. You might notice that there are some micro-sighted single sixes on the red bird. They also have factory stag grips the two guns on right of bird are NOT factory grips and some have the walnut grips.
IMG_0001.jpg

WALLDISPLAY.jpg

DISPLAY.jpg

DISPLAY2.jpg

Yours truly, Americal, in the last photo. Note 10-22 leanign against the wall. We picked it up by using this small display. People would go home & bring their Rugers back.

americal

Hunter
Thanks Contender been out of loop for some time--my good wife is disabled -- an Grandkids keep me busy :) retire in January :!: :!: this Ruger forum has got me interested again :D thanks to flatgate & all you guys esp. on micro aftermarket s.s. We hope to display more after we retire 8)

flatgate

Hawkeye
Very interesting! The "Theme" is great! Yup, display your stuff at the same show a time or two and the "locals" get to know you and bring in stuff......aww, you guys know that, Rugerguy's been telling us stories for a zillion years!

:D

flatgate

Very, very nice display, I like it.....good to see a face with the name...yes, it pays to show them off and find others that are interested and it leads to conversation, and yes, then deals.........good job

street

Hunter
flatgate":3sjqqa1t said:
Very interesting! The "Theme" is great! Yup, display your stuff at the same show a time or two and the "locals" get to know you and bring in stuff......aww, you guys know that, Rugerguy's been telling us stories for a zillion years!

:D

flatgate

Back in the 80s I used to set up at local gun shows and only display. Most of the dealers at the shows must have thought I was crazy, not selling anything, just displaying. I used to have a sign with my display that I wanted a Super Single-Six Old Model with a 4 5/8 in. bl. I wish I had a dollar for every 5 1/2 in. single-Six that was brought by my table. One day I was in Greensboro, NC and this Old gentleman came by and looked at my sign and said that he had one. So I thought, here we go again, wonder what he has, another 5 1/2 in bl. He had the serial number in his wallet and he showed it to me and it was in the low 500000 range. So far this looks right. He was out of town and said he would bring it by the next show. Well it was almost a year before I ran into him again. I was set up and he came by with it under his belt. He had the extra cylinder and the brown cardboard box for the extra cylinder. He said that he has been to a bunch of shows and a lot of people tried to buy it from him but he said he was going to sell it to the guy that had the Ruger Collection, ME!!!

When I looked at the gun the barrel didn't look right, The cutoff wheel that cut off the barrel had left a wavy look to it. Not what the ends of the barrel looks like on a Ruger. The front sight was loose on it which made me belive that someone had cut the barrel off making the front sight not fit. Little did I know but that was exactly what had happen, only it was done at the Factory by Ruger because someone had drilled for the front sight and drilled too deep. So not wanting to waste anything Ruger cut the 5 1/2 .in barrels off to 4 5/8. Only about 200 were made. After I bought the gun a few months later The RCA came out with an article showing pictures of the barrel. I wish I had that information at the time.

I told the guy I was afraid of the gun because of the barrel cut off marks. He said that He would hold the gun until I called Ruger to see if it would letter. He did and it lettered and I got a very rare gun that a lot of collectors don't have.

So one way to get that gun that you have been looking for is to display at your local gun shows.

G2

Hunter
as the youngens say today.

SICK!

but what a enjoyable sickness. :D :D

Thanks for sharing.

americal

Hunter
ONE of best the guns we got was the 6.5 superblackhawk--98% condition had fun that day :) went to guys house after show--- thought it was going to be 7.5 we tried to stay 8) but it was hard :lol: