Ruger Customer service office closed ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

57springer

Buckeye
I called ruger a month ago about a Magazine that was not feeding on a ranch rifle . The rep told me they would send a replacement . I have not recieved it so , I called last Friday and again today . So after going thru all the menu I got this recording . " The ruger business offices are closed due to unforeseen circumstances " Anyone have any inside info ?

57springer

Buckeye
Could be anything ….
Staffing shortage?
COVID outbreak?
Supply chain problem?
may be one of these . but last summer I called to order a holster . I heard a dog barking in the background , So I asked the Lady about it , she was working from home taking orders. So my point is I wonder why there is no one to talk to ?

contender

Ruger Guru
Possibilities;
(1) Worker not in the office, and working at home.
(2) Staffing shortage
(3) Summer shut down for normal maintenance
(4) Holiday staffing shortage

NDAR15MAN

Bearcat
I hope not , they have a new pistol I have had to send back 2x in the last month. MD

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Not sure about these days but Ruger used to have planned facility shutdowns every July and December, and forced all employees to take their vacation then. It was WBR's efficiency gene that drove that practice. However, the recording would say they were closed for summer shutdown rather than "unforeseen circumstances".

pyth0n

Blackhawk
I've dealt with the NH service last 2 weeks and had no problems. I had to send my LCR back. Paid for a label, & was told to expect a 6 week turnaround. Got it back in 2 weeks.
It may matter which facility you deal with.

Last edited:

Snake Pleskin

Buckeye
Not sure about these days but Ruger used to have planned facility shutdowns every July and December, and forced all employees to take their vacation then. It was WBR's efficiency gene that drove that practice. However, the recording would say they were closed for summer shutdown rather than "unforeseen circumstances".
many business use that formula. It is much easier to plan and contain costs when you know what you are going to have.

Dan in MI

Staff member
many business use that formula. It is much easier to plan and contain costs when you know what you are going to have.
I laughed at friends that worked for government motors for many years at getting that shaft..... then Uncle Henry decided it was a good idea too. Wasted the best two weeks of hot weather testing.

Latest posts