Ruger Collectors Show in Idaho, Jan. 9/10, 2010

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Hey, the more the merrier!! Place it at a good date that will not conflict with other Ruger Collector Theme Show dates and I think you might have something there. Be sure to keep us updated on the plans so we can get dates published in RENE.
Chet15

Chief 101

Hunter
RB, I would love to see a collector show here, tho I am not one such, but, I do have a number of Rugers and have since, well never mind.
The red barn was where I had my workshop, notice I said "had", as I have been "relocated" so the interchange can be built. Anyroad, a Ruger collectorshow this close would be dangerous for my financial security but I am ready for the challange. Chief aka Maxx Load

circlergrugers

Vaquero
OK, got more information. The Show would be on January 9th-10th with set-up on the 8th. The Show will be in Boise Idaho, and he tells me its the biggest show in Idaho and expects to put about 4000 people through the show. That's pretty good for Idaho. And he let me know he will do some extra advertising about the Ruger Collectors coming to the show. Any more questions please ask.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Hey Tucsonite! Can you say Longjohns?? Make that Wool Longjohns??It's only 17 miles from the fairgrouds to great skiing. Boise has the best Basque restaurants outside of Spain, and we'll have half the freeway interchanges under construction by the time you get here, just to make driving-in the challenge it should be in the winter.RB

flatgate

Hawkeye
Yeah, RW, you'd better leave NOW and we'll figure out when the show is gonna be in a few weeks.

Don't worry, we'll not schedule it for a few months so you can at least get there by closing day..... :D

Just Kidding!

Well, I have scheduled "Business Trips" to coordinate with selected "gun shows" and/or "Ruger Gatherings".... :wink:

I know that we all can't go to all the shows and that's why we share the
experiences here on the Forum.

flatgate

Terry T

Buckeye
"Northern Ca. guys come lurkin around smellin for easy pickins"
Snifff, Snifff, I think I smell some Hoppies and warm gun oil and some cold cash - Snifff, Sniff, maybe some old cardboard. :shock:

Hummmm - got to get the map out - check the 4 wheel drive and the weather - I think it's just a long day's drive from here.

Sniffff , Snifff :D
Terry T

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: See SEE, what did I tell ya? The next thing they will be bringing pretty girls to distract us while they snag the deals and woo the unsuspecting rubes just in from the gold fields...RB

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Heliman, Heliman? Hey, wasn't that name recently connected to the sucking sound of a nice #1 leaving the State...Hey ORM Randy, since Colorado does not actually boarder with Idaho, that would be a two hour drive....RB

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Must be that urban traffic thing, heck if you can make it from Canada to Boise in an hour like someone said, with no freeways, unless you cheat and slip over into Washington, Denver to Boise on the interstate through south Wyo. should be a breeze! And scenic too.

All Goofing aside, Boise is very well located for a "one day" for many to get to and has easy access airport and facilities. It's still pretty small town compared to Seattle and Denver but has the connections. The Winter stuff is true, January can be cold, we're at 2500' in the high inland basin. Sometimes we have snow in the valley and sometimes not. The Fair Pavilion is heated, and so are my drinks....RB

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Hank,

I think it's a great idea to put a show on in Idaho. Please let me know how I and the RCA can help you. You have my cell and home numbers, feel free to call any time.

Just be sure you understand what you're getting yourself into. As Rick can attest, putting one of these shows on is a huge amount of work :D :D

Let me know how I and the RCA can help.

BB45C

Terry T

Buckeye
Hee, hee , "bring the pretty girls to distract the little boys", hee, hee, - worked too! :D (the old boys got distracted by the Ruger sniffin' small apaloosa) :D

Yup! Snuck some deals past some distracted boys. :shock:
Terry T

flatgate

Hawkeye
Shucks, I-de-hoe is right there in my backyard....

300179240.jpg

Well, the mountain in this back yard pic is in Idaho.

And, yup, this pic was taken in January.
And, yup, Tusconite, the temp was around -10° !

:D

flatgate

Terry T

Buckeye
WOW!, what a purty back yard you have!
I'd guess the photo was taken about noon - that's a long ways north and I'd guess the sun doesn't get very high in the sky that far north at that time of year! :shock:
Hummmm -10F, I better check the antifreeze in the 4X4. Don't really need it here in sunny CA. 8)
Terry T

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Hey Terry! If you come to Boise, I'm not going to let Old Ruger Man drag me off to look at new in the box #3s, just when I get slowed down at your display, heck we never even got to yak at Washington much! Seemed like your display was where people like that wierdo from Texas would grab ya and say hey look at this good deal Sam has or look what Rick put on the table...then friends from Olympia came and wanted to yak about the demise of the timber industry...you come up here I'm finding out how all those nice guns got to California...RB

Terry T

Buckeye
Bring them in and confuse them with the pretty girls, flash the bright lights on the shinny guns, burn some special incense that smells like warm gun oil mixed with burnt gun powder with a dash of old leather, Flash some $$$$ and watch the slobbering begin! Works every time! :D

We DID have a good time at the WAC but then we didn't let folks know where we were from. I wouldn't be supprised if the next time we show up someone puts a big sign in front of our display saying "Made in CA." :oops:
Terry T