Ruger Collectors Display Show - Harrisburg, PA March 2013

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbore45colt

Hunter
The Ruger Collectors Association (RCA) will once again be hosting our Annual Spring Display show in Harrisburg, PA on March 23-24, 2013.

This year, I will NOT be sending hard copy information packets but will email them to those who have attended in the past. If you would like to receive a packet, please PM me with your email address and I will get it out to you. All you need to do is print out the registration page, fill it out, and mail it to me with your check.

The show will be held at the Pennsylvania State Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA. Set-up is on Friday, March 22nd from 4PM until 7PM. The show is on Saturday, March 23th and Sunday, March 24th.

The information packet I will send out includes all of the details about the show, table reservations, banquet information and hotel info.

I have once again secured a block of room at the Courtyard by Marriott at a discounted rate of $99.00. There are 20 rooms being reserved (4 singles and 16 doubles) until February 23rd, at which time any unbooked rooms will be released. If you are interested, and beginning on Tuesday, Feb 5th, please call the hotel directly, at 717-558-8544, and tell them you are with the Ruger Collectors in order to obtain the discounted rate.

Once again, we will be holding a fund raising auction after the banquet on Saturday night. 100% of the profits will go to the Harrisburg Display Show fund to help run the display shows, fund trophies, improve the recruitment tables, get member badges, table covers, raffles, prizes, etc. Recent prizes for displayers have included a few firearms (SR-22, 41 mag Flat-top, 77/17, 10/22, etc...) and we would like to be able to continue to encourage, and reward, displayers.

Rules are simple. Opening bid on all items, except firearms, is $5. Firearms will have a reasonable opening bid to be determined based on the gun. No reserves, no absentee bidding, no phone bids, you have to be present to bid. Payment due at the end of the auction, cash or check. Winning bidders take their item home with them, except for firearms, which will need to be shipped to an FFL.

I would like to take the opportunity to solicit you for donations for the March Harrisburg auction. Please let me know by PM or email (in my profile) if there is anything that you would like to donate. No item is too small. We simply ask that you ship the item to me (or my FFL if a gun) so that we can have it in hand, document it in the master auction list, and catalog it for the auction. We will have a list of items available for people at the show. We will then bring all items with me to the show and set up the auction before dinner. We will have our banquet on Saturday night allowing everyone to inspect all of the items and then have our auction after dinner.

Thanks in advance for helping to continue to improve our great hobby! I look forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting some of you for the first time!

See you in Harrisburg!!

BB45C

Ill be the first to say, Im going!!! yes I have already booked a room, got a plane tic to Buffalo and me and my wife's uncle Tom are driving to the show!

Never been there, I'm returning from Hawaii on the 3-5-2013 and i'll well rested for the like's of you folks! LOL

Unsure if ill set up a small display or not, logistics from Alaska, and on top that, I don't want to embarrassed my self. I just don't have much experience's in displaying.

Your in-put of what would be welcome, shown, maybe some pics of the past...ect

Scott

radicalrod

Hunter
HELL YAH.....now I am excited :idea: :idea: :idea: We will need the BIG BOTTLE of GJ :lol: :lol: :lol:

MR Deerstalker, Coogs, and RR at one show......think of the possibilities :?: :?: :?:

contender

Ruger Guru
Now RR,, don't scare him away. :D
As for displaying,,, just DO IT!!!!! We do NOT care how good or bad YOU think it may be. We just like to see displayers & more of them. As for the logistics,, I've seen a few "one gun" displays & they were very nice!
I say jump in & get a table to display!

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I don't think I can scare SCOTT....I am only 1/2 the size of the KODIAC BEARS he chases :!: :!: :!:

After 20 or so years in the military Scott may think I am pretty tame :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am mostly all talk these days.....unless COOGS forces me to get STUPID :roll: :roll: :roll: RR.

contender

Ruger Guru
We know just how hard Coogs has to try & get you to act stupid! :D
I don't doubt that Scott could handle you,, but I'm not sure about the size comparrison. After all, even chairs crumble under you,,,!

I will be there also, doing my first display (thanks for convincing me to "Just Do It" Ty). I'll have a table also to sell a few gun odds and ends.

As a token of my esteem to all the collectors, I will bring at least one bottle of GJ (maybe I'll upgrade it to single barrel if someone else is bringing GJ). Although I'll be staying at a different hotel (I use the points I get from all my travel), I will be hanging around with you after the show ends at night. I'll be picking your brains to help me make my display better in the future.

See you all there.

After all, even chairs crumble under you,,,!

Man, that's the line of the day, LOL. He's no longer the Contender!
He's the Winner!!!

As far a grizzly hunting go's, I ant shot one since...hum...oh ya, this fall!!!! dont make me post a pic!
Scott

Coogs

Maximum
OK, I'm in! Just downloaded my package. RR, how the hell can I get you to be somethin' ya already may be! :shock: :shock: Have been havin' a few conversations with Mr. Deerstalker, RR, we MAY be in a little bit a trouble being the boy is Irish! :wink: :wink: I think I'll just have to bring two bottles a GJ, maybe even a little bottle of Irish Mist! Love ya RR, Coogs.

radicalrod

Hunter
OK just for the record these days I do more "talking about drinking" than actually doing the drinking :lol: :lol: :lol:

But on RARE occasion I will try and "hang" with the boys....not always a wise decision :? :? :?

We shall see which kind of weekend it turns out to be :!: :!: :!:

Either way I know it will be FUN.....I just hope JACK keeps his clothes on this time :shock: :shock: :shock: RR

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I have a breaking Harrisburg news flash :lol: :lol: :lol:

NDRUGER aka Jerry Hertel has informed me he has bought plane tickets and will be here to ride with me to the show :!: :!: :!:

WOO HOO...that make Jerry, Scott, Jack, and the rest of us "normal" guys 8) 8) 8)

I think we need to get a DRUM of Gentleman Jack :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am so excited I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight :roll: :roll: :roll: RR.

radicalrod

Hunter
Steve, buy a ticket and join the fun :idea: :idea: :idea: sounds like an excellent idea...

Fly into Detroit and you can ride to H Burg with Jerry and ME.....I think I can rent a COWBOY CADILLAC for the weekend :roll: :roll: :roll: RR.

Matt,
My check went out in the mail today, see you all in Harrisburg. When you seasoned collectors/displayers see my display, please give me an honest critique, I can take it and it will help me compete against you as I move up :D .

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Ron - just don't get too hung up on the competition aspect. Keep in mind why you are displaying and that the show is about the fellowship and education, hanging out with other collectors, and having fun. As long as you do that, then it's a win, regardless of what happens with the display judging.

See you in Harrisburg!

BB45C