Ruger Collectors Display Show - Harrisburg, PA March 2012

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbore45colt

Hunter
The Ruger Collectors Association (RCA) will once again be hosting our Annual Spring Display show in Harrisburg, PA on March 17-18, 2012.

I will shortly be mailing out the information packets to those of you on the mailing list, as well as those of you that have provided me with your mailing address in the last year. If you do not receive a packet in the next week or two, and would like one, please drop me an email and I will get one out to you ASAP.

The show will be held at the Pennsylvania State Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA. Set-up is on Friday, March 16th from 4PM until 7PM. The show is on Saturday, March 17th and Sunday, March 18.

The information packet I sent out includes all of the details about the show, table reservations, banquet information and hotel info.

The RCA has once again secured a block of room at the Courtyard by Marriott at a discounted rate of $99.99. There are 20 rooms being reserved (4 singles and 16 doubles) until March 1, at which time any unbooked rooms will be released. If you are interested, please call the hotel directly, at 717-558-8544, and tell them you are with the Ruger Collectors Association in order to obtain the discounted rate.

Once again, the RCA will be holding a fund raising auction after the banquet on Saturday night. 100% of the profits will go to the RCA Display Show fund to help run the display shows, the NRA show, fund trophies, improve the recruitment tables, get member badges, table covers, raffles, prizes, etc. Recent prizes for displayers have included a few firearms (SR-22, 41 mag Flat-top, 77/17, 10/22, etc...) and we would like to be able to continue to encourage, and reward, displayers.

Rules are simple. Opening bid on all items, except firearms, is $5. Firearms will have a reasonable opening bid to be determined based on the gun. No reserves, no absentee bidding, no phone bids, you have to be present to bid. Payment due at the end of the auction, cash or check. Winning bidders take their item home with them, except for firearms, which will need to be shipped to an FFL.

I would like to take the opportunity to solicit you for donations for the March Harrisburg auction. Please let me know by PM or email (in my profile) if there is anything that you would like to donate. No item is too small. We simply ask that you ship the item to me (or my FFL if a gun) so that we can have it in hand, document it in the master auction list, and catalog it for the auction. We will have a list of items available for people at the show. We will then bring all items with me to the show and set up the auction before dinner. We will have our banquet on Saturday night allowing everyone to inspect all of the items and then have our auction after dinner.

Thanks in advance for helping to continue to improve our great hobby! I look forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting some of you for the first time!

See you in Harrisburg!!

BB45C

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Drake and I are in.. Not sure where I'm coming from or how I'll get there but God and work willing I will make it

Dave

8pointer

Single-Sixer
Attended last year and had a great time! This year I am going to make my first attempt at a display. Really looking forward to it.

Jerry

flattop44

Buckeye
That is great Jerry, we will be looking forward to seeing your new display. I hope we see a lot of new displays along with our faithful ones!! We'll sure have fun!!
FT44

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Looking forward to seeing you there again, Gary. Are you bringing a display??!! We want to see some of those awesome guns of yours...

BB45C

Hi Matt I cant bring a display I dont have the time to put one togather I have to be up in Somokin Dam PA on sunday to help go thru a friends estate going to move her back up here and I still have to find out the legalities of bringing guns thru NY and PA with no FFL

Looking Forward To Seeing You There
GARY

41 nut

Bearcat
Matt,

Please send a new packet of info. Started to send mine in this evening and cann't find it. Its probably been eaten by this damn dog we got awhile ago. She's a 9month old black Lab and going thru teething and chews up everything she can get into her mouth up. Danged near gotten us eaten out of house and home.

Don't know what I'll display yet, will have to decide soon and get busy.

Terry T

Buckeye
With regrets, I won't make it this year.
I've had a good time the last two years but it's a bit of a hike to make every year. Maybe Tulsa this year? :shock:
(Let someone else win one of the guns? :D )
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcomed and included!
Maybe next year,
Terry T

Coogs

Maximum
Terry, bummer! Enjoyed meeting you last year and enjoying your awesome display!! Maybe I'll see you in Tulsa....hopefully I'll make it this year! RR and I will have a GJ or two for you!!! Coogs.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
We'll miss you Terry!!

Folks,

I am nearing my deadline for finalizing the number of tables with the promoter and giving the caterer a head count.

If you want to come display or get a trade table, please get with me ASAP. Also, if you think you would like to come to the banquet on Saturday night, please let me know so that I can get you counted.

As of today, we have 33 tables booked, should be a great show once again!!

BB45C