Ruger Collectors Display Show - Harrisburg, PA March 2010

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbore45colt

Hunter
The Ruger Collectors Association (RCA) will once again be hosting our Annual Spring Display show in Harrisburg, PA on March 20-21, 2010.

This morning, January 11th, I have mailed out the information packets to those of you on the mailing list, as well as those of you that have provided me with your mailing address in the last year. If you do not receive a packet in the next week or two, and would like one, please drop me an email and I will get one out to you ASAP.

The show will be held at the Pennsylvania State Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA. Set-up is on Friday, March 19th from 4PM until 7PM. The show is on Saturday, March 20th and Sunday, March 21.

The information packet I sent out includes all of the details about the show, table reservations, banquet information and hotel info.

The RCA has once again secured a block of room at the Comfort Inn - Riverfront (www.comfortinn.com/hotel-harrisburg-pennsylvania-PA129), a miles away from the show, at a discounted rate of $69.99. There are 20 rooms being reserved (5 singles and 15 doubles) until March 1, at which time any unbooked rooms will be released. If you are interested, please call the hotel directly, at (717) 233-1611, and tell them you are with the Ruger Collectors Association in order to obtain the discounted rate.

Once again, the RCA will be holding a fund raising auction after the banquet on Saturday night. 100% of the profits will go to the RCA Display Show fund to help run the display shows, the NRA show, fund trophies, improve the recruitment tables, get member badges, table covers, raffles, prizes, etc. Recent prizes for displayers have included a few firearms (SR-22, 41 mag Flat-top, 77/17, 10/22, etc...) and we would like to be able to continue to encourage, and reward, displayers.

Rules are simple. Opening bid on all items, except firearms, is $5. Firearms will have a reasonable opening bid to be determined based on the gun. No reserves, no absentee bidding, no phone bids, you have to be present to bid. Payment due at the end of the auction, cash or check. Winning bidders take their item home with them, except for firearms, which will need to be shipped to an FFL.

I would like to take the opportunity to solicit you for donations for the March Harrisburg auction. Please let me know by PM or email (in my profile) if there is anything that you would like to donate. No item is too small. We simply ask that you ship the item to me (or my FFL if a gun) so that we can have it in hand, document it in the master auction list, and catalog it for the auction. We will have a list of items available for people at the show. We will then bring all items with me to the show and set up the auction before dinner. We will have our banquet on Saturday night allowing everyone to inspect all of the items and then have our auction after dinner.

Thanks in advance for helping to continue to improve our great hobby! I look forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting some of you for the first time!

See you in Harrisburg!!

BB45C

Coogs

Maximum
Do ya mean I gotta put up with you agin'..................????.Or is that the other way around???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Coogs.

Terry T

Buckeye
Table reservation money is in the mail. Looking forward to meeting the East Coast folks. :D

A bit of a hike from the 'Left' Coast but, hopefully, the Weather Gods will be coopertive.

Terry T

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Glad to hear you'll mike it, Terry!! Looking forward to meeting you.

Guys, sign-up forms are due to me by next Friday, the 19th. I need to let the promoter know how many tables we will have, order awards/plaques, and displayer goodies...so I need a count.

Thanks!

BB45C

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Well, the show is upon us this weekend. Hope to meet some of you there. If you're in the PA, NJ, MD, OH, NY area (or further away), feel free to stop by and say hello. You won't miss us, we'll be the 35 tables of Rugers in the middle of the show :D

BB45C

Terry T

Buckeye
After 5 1/2 days of driving, I'm with family only about 2hr. away! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
Most of the displays are up - the horse trading has begun!
A whole herd of Ruger nuts were seen together at a Mexican resturant tonight swaping tall tails of amazing gun buys. (I drove 3,000 mi. from Ca. to Pa. to get good Mexican food ???)
Going to be a fun show!
Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
A BIG THANK YOU ! to the Pa. folks for making me feel right at home. They even went so far as to let me win the Raffle gun! :D :D My, My, My what they will do for a fellow from out of town.
Made some new friends and was able to put some faces to Forum 'handles'.

It will be a few days, but I'll post some photos. (I'm on the road and will be without internet for a few days.)
Terry T

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Terry T,

It was great to meet you. Thank you so much for coming all the way out here from California...3000 miles, 5 days...all I can say is WOW.

I had a great time, enjoyed the company both old and new, and hope to see you again soon, either in Tulsa or in Harrisburg.

Thanks for the "Double Actions 101" education this morning, I learned a lot and can actually be a bit dangerous now :D

Congratulations on the raffle gun. I hope you enjoy it.

Take care,

BB45C

winchesterbilly

Bearcat
:lol: Went to the show today. Words can not describe the displays presented by the guys from R.C.A. I was blown away. These guys are serious collectors! Got a good buy on some brand new starline 45LC brass too. I really am left speechless from the Ruger displays. Met some great people also. I am already looking forward to next year!! :wink: