Ruger Collectors Asociation

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bearpa

Bearcat
Hello the lounge!
Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the Ruger Collectors Association? Are they still in operation?
I sent my dues in to them back on September 17, 2021, and as of yet have received one magazine! I take it was the last issue they published but am not sure as there is no date on it.
I was supposed to receive a patch, and membership pin, but have received nothing as of yet, not even a membership card. I've made two calls to the number listed and have received no response to the messages I left. I sent an email to their web site and have received no response.
Can anyone tell me what their status is or who I can contact to find out.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Have a Merry Christmas

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Go to the ROCS website and I bet you will be contacted asap. Still in business just hade a show in Tulsa and a show coming in January to Huntsville Al. I am on the site everyday no idea why your having a problem.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Let me try the Ruger collector’s is still in operation as far as I know but I thought you were asking about ROCS that is the organization many here are members of. As far as the other organization I dropped out long ago for the same reason.

I didn't want to jump in on this right away. I joined the RCA in early 2000's and they were great with the journals they published and the info you could get from them (I bought just about all the back issues to get the info to have on hand). Then it started to go downhill, by 2013 they just were not the organization they used to be and A LOT of people were really turned off by what they were (not) getting. Thus, a number of long time RCA members decided to organize a new organization and the Ruger Owners and Collectors Society (ROCS) was formed (I am also one of the founding contributors). ROCS is completely different from RCA and the leadership goes out of their way to make sure it is not going to go the way of the RCA. They LISTEN to their members and do everything in their power to keep members in the loop and really advocate Rugers and the Ruger history.

I am still a member of the RCA but this last time for renewal it was a HARD decision to do it. It will probably be my last time. The site has problems and I really don't see any new posts at all and many sections are not running correctly and the message that they are working on fixing it has ben there for several years.

Go to https://www.rugersociety.com/ and check it out. I think you will like it. We list most all the shows that we will be at and some others are listed here so if you can get to one, we will be glad to explain what we are all about.

Bottom line - The RCA did a phenomenal job to bring Rugers into the limelight and to get Ruger collectors great information about their guns, but sadly something happened to the management and it is not what it used to be and I don't see it coming back.

bearpa

Bearcat
That's a shame. You'd think they'd stop advertising the organization because now all they are doing is ripping people off!
So, I guess I'm out $30.00! Not happy!!!!!!
Ruger is a fine firearm; I was really looking forward to joining a collector's group.
It's a shame these crooks are using the name to rip people off!!!!!

protoolman

Hunter
I know nothing about the RCA but based on my experience here as one of the early members of the forum I wonder if they have the same problem with the active members aging out and passing on. We all need some new blood! At 57 I sometimes feel like one of the young guys.

contender

Ruger Guru
Like many, I joined back in the 1980's,, and enjoyed a lot of things. It used to be very good, and it's because if it,, as well as the display shows they had that I'm as involved as I am now.
Like Ron, I too was one of the founding members of ROCS,, and the topic of making sure it didn't have the same issues was one of the big discussions.
Bashing them isn't who we are,, but we also must make sure others can see things & know they have other options. MANY good Ruger collectors are Life members & still try & support them. But in my humble opinion,, I think ROCS is doing the best at providing a Ruger aficionado with an organization like we expect. Between them AND the truly great RENE,,, (thanks Chad!) we do have some of the best info available. When combined with this Forum,, there is a ton of super good info available to all.

What 'contender' said is spot on, no need to bash them either , and it kind of a sign of the times. ever since the brains and braun of the RCA , Steve Vogel and Nancy Padua have left , it was not up to snuff, any group is only as good as the workers. and members make it. Today this job is done and quite well by the folks and members of ROCS, its working.....

Merry Christmas to all......... 8) :roll: :wink:

AzGeno

Single-Sixer
Agee with Rugerguy, I joined in the 80s and there have been ups and downs with RCA.
I still support them, and ROCS, let’s see what happens.
Geno

bearpa

Bearcat
Gentlemen!
I'm not "bashing anyone'! All I wanted was a response.

When I first checked on membership I called and left a message with some questions on the phone number listed on their site. A couple days later a lady called me from the office and explained how to join, where to send the application and the check. I did as she explained and got the one issue of the magazine a few weeks later. Nothing else!

I have called three times leaving a message for an explanation on what is going on and I get no response! So, what would you think? When your sending money they call you back, when you have a question, they don't respond! If their having problems, just call and let me know. I can understand that. But no response is unacceptable!

Thant's what PO'ed me! I spent 48 years on the job! I know when I'm getting ripped off. If that is bashing. so be it!

Latest posts