Ruger Challenger .22 pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
It's a short barrelled 22 rifle ... 50 yards maybe. Of course it will SHOOT farther, the question is .... how big is what you're shooting at ... what size groups will you accept ?

I never got what the market would be for it, to be honest. It seems like it would be fun for about an hour. None of my gunstores stock them, and from what I've heard, not many people even ask for them. I'd much rather have a real rifle or a real pistol.

REV

You can probably reach out to 100 yards with the right scope and ammo and probably an after market barrel. I'm talking maybe groups of 3-4" or possibly better. In theory no different than a standard 22lr rifle.

It's called the Charger by the way.

reakin

Single-Sixer
Must have been looking at Dodge cars lately....you want that in the R/T package with a Hemi? Charger, Challenger...close enough. At least he didn't call it a Coronet (my favorite in the R/T line, by the way).

Just kidding with you marisol - no offense intended.

reakin

marisol

Bearcat
None taken, I am actually doing this for my dad's mechanic and he called it a Challenger I personally am not a big fan of hybrids, in just about anything including guns... I am also not a big fan of dodge either (please no one attack me!)

revhigh":1yj4yleh said:
I never got what the market would be for it, to be honest. I'd much rather have a real rifle or a real pistol.

REV

The market? For folks like me, who spend days in the alfalfa fields, shooting sage rats, it's the cats meow. With nothing more than a card table, a bucket to sit on, and the attached bi-pod, it's a very stable platform that will shoot as well as my 10/22's. Not needing a gun rest, it's easy to swing in different directions, without having to do any rearranging.

And, life would be boring if I had one gun that did everything. 8)

WAYNO.

revhigh

Hawkeye
WAYNO":1fqngdve said:
It's a very stable platform that will shoot as well as my 10/22's.

Why not just USE a 10-22 ??? :D :D

I'd never be one to keep someone from buying another gun, though !!

What's a Sage rat ??

REV

revhigh":34oowdpa said:
WAYNO":34oowdpa said:
It's a very stable platform that will shoot as well as my 10/22's.

Why not just USE a 10-22 ??? :D :D

I'd never be one to keep someone from buying another gun, though !!

What's a Sage rat ??

REV

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... nQe3nujVDQ

Believe me, we do use lots of 10/22's, too. :wink: We also use a lot of .22 center-fires. As handy as a 10/22 is, the Charger is even handier.

Sage Rat? Belding Ground Squirrel. In the alfalfa fields, they procreate by the millions, and eat thousands of tons of alfalfa, a cash crop. Although I've never seen it in person, I'm told by ranchers, the massive underground network or burrows actually undermines the pastures, and livestock get hurt when they slip a leg into a hole.

So...The modern method of controlling these little varmints is poison. We know poison is not very selective, and gets into the food chain. Some of the old-school ranchers do not use poison, and responsible hunters are invited onto their property to have a field day, (pun intended), having an all-day, non stop shoot.

WAYNO.