Ruger Case knives - how many?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
Okay, I must admit defeat! I have been searching the web and the forum trying to find out how many, and which ones, did Case and Ruger team up to produce. My search is for the knives that were produced fairly recently.

I see some of them on eBay and have seen some at gun shows, but until recently, I didn't care. Now, for some unknown reason to me, I like 'em! But, before I get too carried away, I would like to know how many of them were made.

Anybody know?
thanks!!!!

picketpin

Buckeye
Too many. At least in terms of collecting and increase in value over time for rarity.

Ruger owners might like one because, well we are Ruger owners but in terms of collecting .....................

I collect Case knives., 6254 the basic Trapper. Yes I bought 2 of the "Ruger" ones but production is just too high to ever expect any appreciation. On the other hand it might be a fun thing to give my grandson along with a #1 in 257 Roberts, a S&W MOdel 19-2 357 Mag and a Remington 870 in 20 gauge, when he turns 18? That's sort of how I look at them.

Almost anything made to be "rare" is invaribly made in numbers high enough that it is no longer rare, regardless of how long you hold onto it.

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
I was not expecting investment collecting, just if I wanted to get them all to put in a display case to show, how many might that be.

Well, at 48, that is too stinking many!!! I will just pick out the one or ones that I like and get them.

I truly appreciate your input. I already spent well over an hour looking online and could not find the info, so the experts have done it again!

Thanks one more time.

contender

Ruger Guru
Check out the Ruger Collector show pics from Harrisburg Pa this past spring. (March '09.) One of the displayers there had a full set of ALL of the Case knives on display as I recall. I can't remember his name w/o looking it up. But the pics here or on www.gunblast.com will show it.