Ruger can you make this revolver?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Another thread from the past......
Basically what you're missing is any profit for Ruger with something like this.
What companies attempt to make is money...the product they manufacture is merely a step to the end result of MONEY.

Snake Pleskin

Buckeye
Another thread from the past......
Basically what you're missing is any profit for Ruger with something like this.
What companies attempt to make is money...the product they manufacture is merely a step to the end result of MONEY.
People often times fail to understand that Firearm companies are not non-profit corporations!

The ram on the ROA is not robust enough! I bent mine trying to reload the cylinder. Now I reload the cylinder on the bench with a shorty starting rod. If something is made, it needs a more robust ram for the field or a quick change cylinder or both.
gramps

BlkHawk73

Hunter
People often times fail to understand that Firearm companies are not non-profit corporations!
These are axactly the types I suggest putting their own money into their idea and make what they seem to think would be such a popular product themselves, or even have it made. That way all that money would be theirs. Nobody has done it yet though. Wonder why.

The ram on the ROA is not robust enough! I bent mine trying to reload the cylinder. Now I reload the cylinder on the bench with a shorty starting rod. If something is made, it needs a more robust ram for the field or a quick change cylinder or both.
gramps
Gramps,
Get one of these or stop using .457 balls. .454 balls will make life MUCH easier and still cut a ring to seal. If you shoot a lot of BP the press is the way to go. Also put the caps on with the cylinder out.:)
1659838023442.png

JiminMaine

Bearcat
People forget you are not Ruger's customer. Their distributors are (just like the Ford dealer is Ford's customer - not you). Pitching the distributors on an idea would be the logical route. If it has merit they will send a request to Ruger for X # of the guns and Ruger will counter with a price and the distributor will say yes or no. I'm still waiting for my stainless No1 RSI in .308 with a gray laminate stock.
Since this is being pitched for home defense in areas with very restrictive gun laws make it a single shot 26" shotgun with 18" barrel. Loading could be a 209 primer then a powder charge (black powder substitute) with a very thin plastic coating to protect from moisture during storage then a thin plastic capsule of pellets (several sizes to choose from). Selling 5 packs of ammo should ease having to find large quantities of reloading supplies - the owner of this gun doesn't need 1,000 primers.
I'm still waiting for any No 1 in 35 Rem.

Latest posts