Ruger brand cookies!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
Surprised to see this in the checkout this morning...

PXL_20221105_160154087.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I've never seen them for sale near me but some collector sent me a pack about 20 years ago and I put it in my Ruger memorabilia display case.

1667739978198.png

So long ago it must have been before they invented expiration dates :LOL:
There is a cryptic code on the back that might translate to a date, but nothing I can figure out.

If you’ve kept them for 20 years with other Ruger memorabilia, have you found out that they are in fact made by the same company? Or at least are they commissioned by the Ruger Firearms Company?

contender

Ruger Guru
I did see them offered in a gun shop long ago. They said they got a LOT of comments on them. And they sold a fair amount of those wafer cookies.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
There was a silversmith from Austria named Alexander Sturm, so it seems only fitting that these are also Austrian.

My biggest surprise from keeping them all these years is that they never got chewed by mice. I put the Tomcat poison out in the garage and basement every September and live with the smell of decomp for weeks on end. I've found 5 dead ones in the basement and killed a live one in the entryway this season. There is a dead one in my car somewhere but I haven't found it yet and the smell is almost gone now after a month. Doesn't seem to be in the vents since it smells better, not worse when I turn on the fan. They do like to build nests in the spare tire well, but it ain't there either, and not under the seats or in the glovebox. One year one died right behind the cabin air filter in my truck - that was nasty.

Sorry for the big left turn away from cookies... :poop:

Armybrat

Buckeye
There was a silversmith from Austria named Alexander Sturm, so it seems only fitting that these are also Austrian.

My biggest surprise from keeping them all these years is that they never got chewed by mice. I put the Tomcat poison out in the garage and basement every September and live with the smell of decomp for weeks on end. I've found 5 dead ones in the basement and killed a live one in the entryway this season. There is a dead one in my car somewhere but I haven't found it yet and the smell is almost gone now after a month. Doesn't seem to be in the vents since it smells better, not worse when I turn on the fan. They do like to build nests in the spare tire well, but it ain't there either, and not under the seats or in the glovebox. One year one died right behind the cabin air filter in my truck - that was nasty.

Sorry for the big left turn away from cookies... :poop:
Your story kinda checks out with your username. 😅

wolfsong

Staff member
The Austrian Ruger wafer cookies are available on Amazon. I saw chocolate and strawberry flavors. A bit pricey. They claim to be all natural flavors and ingredients. Didn't see sugar free, but I didn't really spend much time looking.

Latest posts