Ruger Blackhawk internal lock key

Help Support Ruger Forum:

El Juero

Bearcat
Does anyone have a key they will part with, or know where one can be obtained for the Ruger Flattop that was made in 2005 with the internal lock under the grip? I have purchased one but it did not come with a key.

hittman

Staff member
Messaging is available to members with 10 or more messages and Supporting Members.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Just an FYI to the original poster: when you get to 10 posts, click on the icon (?)/pic for JPGLSG1234 and you'll see "start a conversation".... This is how you send him a PM (private message).

J.

El Juero

Bearcat
Thanks to all and I think I have found a key. Ruger did respond back in an email that they no longer have keys available. Also, Ruger did offer to replace the frame for about $300 to go with a safety-less style. It seems a problematic for me to do that with a revolver that is already custom from Bowen. This was a 2005 Flattop in 357 magnum that was converted to 44 special and then had a Bisley grip frame fitted. Not sure who did the grips as Bowen did not know. I think I will just choose to ignore the issue for now.

contender

Ruger Guru
Interesting that Ruger no longer has keys. But again, it's also not surprising,, as they don't stockpile a lot of older parts.
It's funny,, my memory may be wrong,, but I didn't think that they got around to putting the lock in the Bisley's,, just the Blackhawks. Your gun, when original,, would have had a lock type grip frame,, but if it's been converted to Bisley,, I wondered about that one having a lock??? I guess I'm gonna have to back up & check my memory!

Rclark

Hunter
I think I will just choose to ignore the issue for now.
Good choice. Back in the day I had my son CNC me replacement parts for my 'lock' enabled revolvers.

Attachments

• RugerLockReplacement.jpg
    RugerLockReplacement.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts