Ruger Blackhawk and S&W 25 Classic

Help Support Ruger Forum:

robctwo

Bearcat
Afternoon of sunshine and 45 Colt

DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

Put a few hundred down range. Liking both of these guns a lot. Shot some out of the Puma '92. Let my friend try out some heavy loads. Two were enough for him.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Both are very nice guns; I like both Ruger and Smith. However, in that first pic, the size of the Smith makes the Ruger look like a little toy in comparison. Guess which one is easier to carry all day in the woods...
Sonnytoo

robctwo

Bearcat
The screw drivers are for adjusting the sights. I had only had the Ruger out a couple times, and the Smith was at it's first shoot. I put about 350 reloads down range. The windage screw on the Ruger is ridiculously small.

One hundred were ridiculously under powdered. Ran the dowel down the barrels quite a few times to insure no squibs. Had 4.1 grains of Red Dot under a 200 gr SWC. I liked the 5.5 and 6.1 gr loads with the 200gr and 5.9 and 6.3 with the 250 gr. The 6.3 is getting pretty stout.

Both guns were shooting well. I'm sure I would carry the Ruger if I were going out in the woods for the day. I kind of regretted that the dealer only had the 4 5/8" model for my trade, I was thinking about the 7 1/2", but the more I handle the shorter one the more I like it.

jerry b

Bearcat
Very nice.....you have THE two finest IMO.
Now, all you need to do is save up for the 7.5" BH, because you know you want one. Yes you do, and there's no way you can resist.

Latest posts