Ruger Blackhawk 50TH Anniversary

Help Support Ruger Forum:

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
Great gun! I love mine!

DSCN4243-1.jpg

Had it out this past Saturday shooting with my brother, step-dad, uncle, cousins, and brother-in-law. A great time, a great day.

It's not a fair comparison as everyone else was shooting either autos or lightweight double action carry pieces, but I will say that my Anniversary model placed tighter groups than any other gun out there!

I got mine in June from CDNN for $349.99 which translated to about $410 after shipping, transfer fees, etc.

-Stephen

1ruger

Single-Sixer
Great revolver. I have the 357 Magnum caliber model.
For $405 OTD it's one of the best deal out there right now.
The smaller frame size and the new grip feels "right".
I liked it enough to plan on getting a 44 Special caliber model thats built on the same frame/grip.

96/44

Blackhawk
I love mine, the fit and finish is very good, and the action and trigger pull is smoother than my other new models. It is more accurate than me, for sure. Beware that these are a handfull to shoot with full power .44 loads, and some have taken to calling those black plastic grips "cheese graters" for a reason. I got mine right when they came out, so I paid quite a bit more than they can be had for now, but I have no regrets.

tek4260

Buckeye
Too bad all Ruger revolvers don't show the level of fit and finish that the 50th's have. I guess it is from new tooling?

Now where is my 50th in 45 Colt????

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm surprised nobody welcomed our new member,,,
so,,,,,
Welcome to the Forum!
Now,, the 50th anniv guns were made in larger quantities than the public bought them,, so quite a few are still available!
As noted above,, most folks truly enjoy them!

bear62041

Bearcat
I think they are great. I have a NIB 50th Anniversary 44 Mag/44Special, blued, with 6 1/2" barrel, gold anniversary lettering on the barrel, adjustable sights, etc., in the original red anniversary box with manual, lock, etc., etc., unfired that I want to sell for $415 plus postage. It has a great trigger and is 99.9%. [email protected]

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Mine was great, but a little heavy for a .357 IMO. Look for a post in the Gallery this week for a .41 Magnum midframe conversion...:)

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
The 50th 357 is a wonderful gun - basically it's a New Vaquero (mid-frame size) with adjustable sights. At $400 at CDNN it's a superb screamin' deal and a great platform for customization :). The new 44Spl is the same gun bored bigger, also way cool.

The 44Magnum version isn't as nice, in that the stock grip and grip frame setup is way marginal for the 44Maggie. BUT, the length-adapter grips seen on Sam's gun (second picture) would sure as hell help, or better yet since the base gun is fairly cheap it's a good candidate for a total Bisley conversion for about $250 worth of parts.

dougader

Hunter
I love the Lipseys 4 Special and the 44 mag version. My 44 mag came without the gold lettering, which I found gaudy anyway.

The only thing I would change is the barrel length on the 44 mag. I'm a nut for the 4-5/8" barrel length.

taphandle

Bearcat
96/44":1cbhiudf said:
I love mine, the fit and finish is very good, and the action and trigger pull is smoother than my other new models. It is more accurate than me, for sure. Beware that these are a handfull to shoot with full power .44 loads, and some have taken to calling those black plastic grips "cheese graters" for a reason. I got mine right when they came out, so I paid quite a bit more than they can be had for now, but I have no regrets.

I'm quite happy with mine also. Like 96/44 said, full house loads can be a little rough. I ripped up a pair of leather shooting gloves in no time. Since then I've been rolling my own.