ruger blackhawk 41mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roger460xvr

Bearcat
I just joined to find out if this is a good deal or not its a ruger blackhawk in 41mag in very very good condition he has 300.00 on it .HE is a good friend so my price is 250.00 should i jump on this deal ?? :?:

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
If that gun is a 3-screw, (vs 2 pins) type of frame,, it's a steal at the $300 price. In any event, any good New Model, or Old Model 41 mag at $250 is a very good buy.

roger460xvr

Bearcat
Thanks ya; for the push i needed i;ll be there in the morning at the door waiting for him too open. thank you at least i aready reload for my 460 and 44mag so it should be no problem reloading for the 41mag.... :lol:

Chance

Buckeye
If it's an old model it's a fantastic deal. If a new model, just a ho hum very good deal. Good idea camping on their doorstep.

Sugar River

Buckeye
3 screw or NM, with a 41 BH you can't go wrong either way.

Pete
IMG_0241.jpg

sebtool

Blackhawk
You won't regret buying the .41 mag! My Blackhawk is a very early NM, and 1 of the best shooting, and most accurate pistols I own! I'd stack the accuracy against my Colt Gold Cup National match any day. It's had a little trigger work, but not much, and has accounted for a couple of deer in it's time! :D

BUY IT! And then see if your buddy will help you out with a box or 2 of ammo and/or some reloading supplies. :wink:
The .41's a good load for rolling your own too. I've found that working up close to maximum with a good dose of 2400 is extremely accurate with Hornady's 210 gr. XTPs, a favorite hunting combination of mine. She does well with cast bullet loads for practice, or hunting, as well. It's been a few yrs since I've had time to hunt much, much less reload, :( but time to get back into it! Have fun with it!

roger460xvr

Bearcat
OK was at the gun shop at 10.15 and put my first ruger on layaway thank ya for ALL the help. i'll send pic when i get it...roger :lol:

sebtool

Blackhawk
roger460xvr":1kxky8rt said:
I can't find no hornady 210gr xtp bullets no where.

I just pulled out my latest Natchez Shooter's Supply catalog, and they're listed in it at $21.63 per box. They also list Nosler 210 gr at $19.99, and 170 & 210 gr. Speer. IIRC, I was getting some cast bullets from Midway and/or Dillon back then too.
Good luck!

www.natchezss.com