Ruger Announces New Model Blackhawk and GP100 In .327 Fed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

peyton

Single-Sixer
Being stuck in Iraq has many draw backs, not being able to look at the new revolvers sucks!!

We have nearly 17,000 registered members.

Nearly 5,000 have zero posts.

Nearly 7,000 have only a single post.

Only about 500 have more than 500 posts . . . those of us with an over-abundance of free time, apparently.

We are not hugely representative of the entire Ruger ownership, which has to boast millions of "members". We are, as Tomiswho so succinctly put it, "avid enthusiasts". I'm sure SRC makes note of our commentary here, but I cannot believe it carries much weight at decision-making time.

I could be wrong.

JMHO

gak

Buckeye
...Then again, what better and cheaper/effortless way to gauge "something" about their customer base than from those that know a little something more about their product. Sort of a "what the heck, let's see what the fellas and fellies over at Ruger Forum have to say." Both sides have some good points here, but I bet they *do* check this out regularly and--at least occasionally--listen.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":2xiktqnw said:
Rev, I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the marketing meetings are held at SRC.

"Did you see what those guys on RugerForum said ?!"

"Yeah, but . . ."

;)

but ... but .... WE KNOW BETTER, WE went to grad school !! !!!!! :D

Why listen to a bunch of guys and gals that talk about guns ??? LOL.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":28gw9tdp said:
We have nearly 17,000 registered members.

Nearly 5,000 have zero posts.

Nearly 7,000 have only a single post.

Only about 500 have more than 500 posts . . .

And I bet those 500 members own twice the amount of total Rugers that the 12K with 0 or 1 post do. :D

REV

All things considered, probably true. There would be individual exceptions, of course.

If SRC truly listened to us, I doubt they would have introduced not one, but two "new" guns in .327 Magnum . . . in spite of my personal pleading and whimpering for a .327 Single-Six.

:mrgreen:

peyton

Single-Sixer
Ale,-8 I agree with you, Bowen and Harton is making a good single six conversion, problem is you get a new longer cylinder and your original one is of no use.

peyton

Single-Sixer
Just look at the 5 top topic on the revolver section, 327 or 32 mag is there three times!!

Well, since a .327-chambered cylinder will also handle the .32 H&R as well as the .32 Long, the loss of the .32 H&R cylinder is moot.

And the current site traffic on the subject will die away in a week or three. It's just the hot topic du jour.

;)

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
I rather cotton to the idea of Ruger's .327 and I like to see the new Vaquero so chambered in a 4&5/8 bbl. I think that would make a nice little packin' piece for the folks who might like to knock around in the woods. Not to sure about the GP-100, maybe in a shorter bbl. like the 3" variety.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Hey AW ! Why carry a .327 Vaquero when you could carry a 45 Vaquero, or any other big bore Vaquero ? If you're carrying a Vaquero anyway, why not have REAL firepower ?

REV

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
Hello Rev,

Sometimes I wonder if some of us "Pistoleros" expect too much from our handguns in terms of fire power. But I say, " To each his own." My first single action was a old Ruger Blackhawk three screw, that I purchased brand new sometime in the last century for around $125.00. It was chambered in the legendary .45 Colt. I would learn about handloading and the .45 Colt was a good cartridge for me to experiment with. If I still had that old gun, chances are I'd be totin' it around during some of my excurisions. These days I'd feel ok just trampin' thru the woods with just about anything that'll go "bang." The new .327 interests me because I've always wanted a Colt Single Action Army in .32-20 Cal. So this new .327 is in a way, a nice compromise for a gun I've always wanted. As for fire power? Well, I'm not as young or as fast as I once may have been, so during my woodsy sojourns, if I happen to cross paths with a bear, and I'm not armed with a long gun... well I can still climb, and if I'm armed with a new Ruger in .327 and while up a tree just maybe the bark from that lil' 'ol gun might be enough to scare off that furry critter.... I HOPE. :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Anthony Williams":6rgft5r4 said:
Hello Rev,

My first single action was a old Ruger Blackhawk three screw, that I purchased brand new sometime in the last century for around $125.00.

Great buy AW.

If I happen to cross paths with a bear, and I'm not armed with a long gun... well I can still climb, and if I'm armed with a new Ruger in .327 and while up a tree just maybe the bark from that lil' 'ol gun might be enough to scare off that furry critter.... I HOPE. :lol:

That bruin will take a bite out of your backside while you're trying to escape up the tree because you're only carrying that 327 pop-gun. After that happens that new 3.5 pound gun will sleep with the fish alongside your P85 .... :D

CraigC

Hawkeye
revhigh":i0wnsc9p said:
If you're carrying a Vaquero anyway, why not have REAL firepower ?
Different tools for different purposes. I would no sooner use a .44Mag for zapping varmints than I would carry a .327 for bear defense. It's amazing how difficult it is for some folks to understand.

You're a big .357 proponent, why bother with it when you can carry a .44Mag, or a .454 for that matter???

Latest posts