Ruger and Colt Buddies..... can it be?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Ok... I got my new Ivory grips on the SAA and now, i got the American Holly on the 44 Special Flattop..... I'm "feeling" the Colt more, but I still have love for the Blackhawk.

Thought I better show em......

16k438z.jpg

2gy3rlh.jpg

tommyboy

Bearcat
very nice!
i have a couple of each (ruger and colt)
where did you find the holly grips? i've been looking for holly or ivorywood.
tom

Kanook

Buckeye
Those are very nice.

Where did you get the American Holy?

Do they have a yellowish tint to them?

DGW1949

Hunter
Interesting Colt. Is that a new one or an old one that has been referbed?....the cylinder pin retainer is throwing me off.

DGW

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
DGW1949":1bah4d7s said:
Interesting Colt. Is that a new one or an old one that has been referbed?....the cylinder pin retainer is throwing me off.

DGW

This is a brand new Colt. It's the Black Powder Framed model P2940.

I got the nice Holly's from Private Schultz! They have a slight yellow tint to them.... nice grips. I kind of wish I had them made with no medallions though.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
buckeyeshooter":n506artd said:
I've been afraid to buy a Colt. It might get me 'converted' from Rugers.

All I can say is DON'T DO IT, unless you want to get real confused about your favorite revolver! I loved my Lipseys 44 Special.... until I held my first Colt... uh oh....... now I just "like" my Ruger.... and LOVE my Colt.

Ok... for 22, it's still the Ruger Single Six... but for bigger.... COLT all the way. I just love the way this feels in my hand. And the sound.... wow.... very very nice!

:shock:

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
No Colts for me. I street CCW a NewVaq357, I want all six and a transfer bar.

The gun that could shift ME away from Ruger if I could afford it would be an FA97 in 357.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I so admire the "Ruger concept", good looks, excellent sights, good handling and more than decent accuracy coupled with affordable price and several generation ruggedness. Now THAT is a concept!

When it comes to handguns, my choice will always be a Ruger for all of the above reasons. It's the package. Colt's may be a bit prettier, they may feel a bit better, but the sights are not great (unless you have a New Frontier) and they regularly break unless you have an expensive makeover. Many, many Colts have such bad chamber throat sizes (too large and there is no cure for that other than a new cylinder).

I'll tell you what, you can have the romance, I'll take performance.

Heading for the bomb shelter...

Hey, fellers, to each his own. Buy and use what you prefer. I am a live and let live guy, after all (at least mostly :mrgreen:).

Dale53

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Whenever you feel the urge to "convert" to Colt, just bust a few caps on a Super Blackhawk. No comparison on downrange performance.

In fact, I've often said my Ruger "Super" Blackhawk .45's look more like an old Colt than a Colt!

For example:

100_84591.jpg

Or:

103_10461.jpg

Bob Wright

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
There is no doubt about it... Ruger makes a dang tough gun! I've never had one single problem with a Ruger handgun and I've been shooting them I guess upwards of 32 years.....

I do like the Colt too.... but haven;t shot it yet! If it's a shooter, then I'll be happy with it.. if not... well, it could hit the auction block!

I hope it shooooots good! I'll try a lot of differant handloads before I give up.. if need be!