ruger american rimfire w/wood stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

black029

Single-Sixer
That thing has got a LOP like a shotgun.
Considering a stout percentage of its users are smaller humans, that makes no sense. Unless the also make a Woody Compact.

I applaud Ruger for attempting to cover as many customer-wants as they can. So many old-school shooters have disdain for all-weather stocks... This wood stock fills the requirement of blue and wood. And although not walnut, I still think this stock is attractive.

WAYNO.

jjas

Single-Sixer
WAYNO said:
I applaud Ruger for attempting to cover as many customer-wants as they can. So many old-school shooters have disdain for all-weather stocks... This wood stock fills the requirement of blue and wood. And although not walnut, I still think this stock is attractive.

WAYNO.

I would have to agree.....

9x19

Hunter
Choices are good... but I still like the synthetic more, as much for its easy adaptability as for its ability to shrug off all the little nicks and dings that wood stocks seem to collect while out in the woods.

If offered in stainless, with the black Synthetic stock, I'd buy another.

Now that they have added a wood stock I wonder if they will bring out an international with a mannlicher stock. I will keep the synthetic on my compact 22 as it will see a lot of time in the woods popping squirrels. But I may eventually opt for a nice walnut stock on my 17 American. It would look good with the bright blue.

winchester348

Single-Sixer
I can see Ruger phasing out the 77/22 if that becomes popular. I'm sure it's a lot less expensive to make and Ruger is known to discontinue guns that are costly to make. I love my American carbine but for eye pleasing I take the 77/22 RSI out of the safe to fondle.