Ruger American Magazine disappointment

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SHOOTER

Buckeye
I shot my new ruger american ranch today and it's super accurate. But that cheap ass magazine!!!

C'mon ruger! That magazine is horrible and replacements are $40!'

All of mine work great. I remember a Ruger rep saying to just push the cartridge straight down. When asked about strength he said if it breaks I will send a new one. I like how they disconnect and how the snap in. Plus flush a fit. Really there are so much better than others out there.

SHOOTER

Buckeye
It works. Just really cheap.

You'd think they would do a 10/22 type rotary mag with steel fees lips. C'mon!

Chief 101

Hunter
instead of buying an inexpensive plastic rifle and whining about it, check it out first and spend your money on something you like. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I actually don't mind them, just like I don't mind polymer pistols. They are light, well made for being mostly plastic, and won't rust. The price on them is absolutely ridiculous though.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The American rifles are designed to be assembled quickly by low-skilled hands. The magazines are of course, a $3 injection part that works with reasonable efficiency...

Buy a spare.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I have three mags in .223 Rem for my RA and all three work perfectly. One came with it and I purchased the two extras using my 20% discount card. Yes they are expensive at full list but for a rifle like this how many do you really need?

huntsman22

Blackhawk
my Ruger 10 round steel mags are awesome.....

IMG_8614_zpsukcic3tm.jpg

Latest posts