Ruger American Bolt Handle & Knobs from Anarchy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BadMatrix

Bearcat
Has anyone changed their handles and knobs and like stuff from Anarchy outdoors??
I have the Predator with the green plastic stock.
I have settled on the black bolt handle but looking for anyone who has the Grenade.
Is the large really big and unwieldy?
2nd choice for knob is the dragon scale in ODG.....but again is the large going to be giant?

Big bolt handles sure look cool. Working the bolt faster than normally needed they can help, but depending on the scope and how it's mounted they can interfere or hit the scope and or your hand will. If you practice palming the bolt, not pinching it a small/normal bolt handle works well. I guess I would read reviews from others who purchased them. With information about the size of scopes/mounts and if they interfere.

BadMatrix

Bearcat
Big bolt handles sure look cool. Working the bolt faster than normally needed they can help, but depending on the scope and how it's mounted they can interfere or hit the scope and or your hand will. If you practice palming the bolt, not pinching it a small/normal bolt handle works well. I guess I would read reviews from others who purchased them. With information about the size of scopes/mounts and if they interfere.
Thank you. I just ordered the black and the grenade in black. See what happens.

57springer

Buckeye
I bought a savage tactical .308 that came factory with the large bolt knob . I was not sure about it at first , but it really does give a nice "feel " when working the bolt . I can see a clear advantage if wearing gloves .

I bought a savage tactical .308 that came factory with the large bolt knob . I was not sure about it at first , but it really does give a nice "feel " when working the bolt . I can see a clear advantage if wearing gloves .

I added one of the large Savage factory bolt handles to a Model 10 I had, and liked it. Also purchased a used RAR that came with a similar aftermarket (maybe Anarchy?) bolt handle/knob, and liked that one. The only negatives I've seen described that have not already been mentioned, are (1) the larger bolt handle can catch on things & potentially unlock the bolt as you carry the rifle, and (2) some handles may stick out far enough to interfere with a hard case latching shut (depends on case, rifle, handle, etc.).

As always, IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc...

BadMatrix

Bearcat
I installed the Anarchy Outdoors bolt handle and grenade knob today and took it for a spin at the range. This is a FANTASTIC upgrade to the stock bolt handle on my Predator in .223. It almost changes the rifle'…a whole new rifle after this upgrade. The bolt action is smooth and I have so much more clearance. Ask me something about this!