Ruger American 308

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rlphvac

Bearcat
I just bought a Ruger American 308 compact all weather rifle I havn't had a chance to shoot it yet. I keep reading about bad mags what is up with this?

Chief 101

Hunter
plastic mags that perform perfectly in mine and sub minute of angle accuracy when I shot at targets. Easy to find loads that work...150gr and 165gr pointed bullets work best in mine so far. I have the Predator and velocities are less than 100fps slower than published velocities(don't remember what barrel length is, 18" maybe). For a lightweight, plastic hunting rifle, I'm learning to like it.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I bought my son a left handed .30-06 about six months ago. He likes it a lot. It's a very well made and good rifle, especially for the price. The only thing I don't like about it is that the barrel heats up after about 6-7 successive shots, and then the accuracy gets bad. Keep that in mind when sighting it in. You will spend all day trying to get good groups after shot #5 if you don't let the barrel cool off. For hunting, it's plenty good, and the accuracy is excellent with a cool barrel.