Ruger American 308 mag feed problems?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I have a 308 American that the last round not only doesn't feed, the point on the projectile gets buggered up.

Anyone know of any issues or fixes?

I've seen this issue with re-barreled Mauser type rifles. Often it's a case of different case profile vs the standard but in this scenario, that shouldn't be a problem. I'd be looking at something like the last round working it's way forward due to the recoil of previous rounds fired and dragging on the front of the magazine or at the shoulder.
If you load one round and cycle the bolt do you get the same misfeed? If you fill the magazine and cycle the rounds through the chamber w/o firing, do you get similar results?
Let us know as there are some very experienced people here who are generally willing to help.

gunzo

Buckeye
There were problems with the earlier American mags, to the point that Ruger changed the design. They have also been known to send a new replacement mag to owners with problems, rifle problems that is.

Give Ruger in N.C. a call. Have your serial number ready, they can & will pull up the build sheet on your particular rifle & know exactly what you have.