than the 41 magnums and will
a 45 colt do anything a 41 will do
as far as deer hunting.
thanks so much
rong

(fantastic forum-thanks folks)

flhr62

Single-Sixer
I believe there were not as many .41's made as there were .45's. I don't think a deer would be able to tell the difference, especially using cast bullets. I would like to have an Acusport .41 though.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I wouldn't pay $900 for one! The current values are driven by supply and demand.

I'd ask Member Ron Honner. He's probably sold more Accusport Bisleys than anyone!

JMHO,

flatgate

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I don't understand teh high prices of the 41s. There were lots of runs of these made so the only reason I can see is that there are relatively few good 41 Mag single action revolver choices.

The 44 Mag and 357 Mag are the rare guns of the series and the 44 Mag without any doubt is the hardest to find. I can see the 44s selling for about $800 but not the 41s.

As for teh 45 Colt compared to the 41 mag for deer, the 45 Colt is certainly a better big game round then the 41. You can push a bigger diameter and weight bullet in the 45 Colt. The 45 Colt with good heavy loads are comparable to 44 Rem mag.

I wish Williams or someone else would do another run of the 44 Mags. At one point I had the full set but I have since sold the 41, 44, and 45 Colt guns I had. I still have the 357 and 45 Convertible and the combination will do everything I want to do.

Lee Martin

Hunter
The 41 has cult like following. Couple that with lower numbers than the 44 and 45 Acusports and you get high prices.

I bought two when they came out and I'm glad I did. No way I'd spend $900 for one.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Lee Martin":hd5ceyel said:
The 41 has cult like following. Couple that with lower numbers than the 44 and 45 Acusports and you get high prices.

I bought two when they came out and I'm glad I did. No way I'd spend $900 for one.

Wait? There was only one run or 44s, right? The 44 is the tough one to find but there were lots and lots of runs of 41s. As for the cult following, there is no contest there!

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
rong":12b1q4oe said:
do you honestly
think they are worth 900

They are worth whatever one is willing to pay to get one. The highest I've seen one actually SELL for was ~$800. The one you've shown the link to for $900 was from the 1st run; they had regular wood grips, not the laminate grips of the other runs.

They are an awesome gun and very accurate. The link provided to you in your other post by another member had one for sale for $700. If you really want one, you should really consider buying that one. I doubt you'll find one much cheaper than that in like condition.

Back to your original question regarding "worth". Let me see, $700-$900 for a stainless 41 Bisley that will outlast you, your kids and grandkids. Will take just about any punishment you could give it in the field and keep right on shooting. Will cleanly take ANY deer within sane range. Hmmmmm....let me think....

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
Also forgot to mention, the 41 is done, for now. The 45 convertibles are everywhere including still in stock at William's. There gonna be cheaper because there's so many of 'em and still available from distributors.

G2

Hunter
stevesstuff.jpg

.41 runs vs .44 runs, IMO; I think there a tie, in total #'s
I remember when it was easy to get your hands on a .44 ~ $500.
I have never seen a .41 for under $575, Why? no clue. Recently (earlier this year) there were a small batch of .41's that hit the market and came out with the Black Lam. Grips. It looked like a clean-up batch.
The Gun above post for $700, I would jump on it if I wanted one, it's within the ~$100 cushion.
.45/45ACP guns can be had for $550 and the .45 will do HOT loads just fine at lower pressures than the .44.

As for the .41 Cult, I am a Member, One of my Faves. :D

P1010002modified.jpg

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Yea, I'll see your 41 and raise you a 44!

acusport_44_001_sm.jpg

Larger: http://quarterbore.com/images/ruger/acusport/acusport_44_001_lg.jpg

I do wish they would do another run of these 44s! Hell, I don't understand wht the 44 is not a standard catalog item. This one I sold to a guy from South Africa. It took him months to get the appropriate export licenses and permits but he wanted one really bad so he went through the hastle.

Here is the 45 too

45accusport-04.jpg

Here is the 357:

357accusport-03.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
There's been just a single run of the .44's I believe. They initially were "cheap" because they were at the time rather un-noticed. I didn't jump in on this series until the .41 came along.

DSC03016.jpg

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
kimberguy2004":2lhm9ayd said:
The 41 Magnum was a solution in search of a problem.

I don't know that I agree with that. It is a different tool for a job between a smaller tool and a bigger tool. I am somewhat new to shooting big bore revolvers and honestly I have about four 41s and have not shot any of them yet because frankly I like my 45 Colts but I do appreciate the unique nich the 41 fills :wink:

kimberguy2004

Bearcat
If you like the round, that's OK.. Everyone has their preferences. As far as versitility though, anyone interested in big-bore handguns would do well to read John Linebaugh's writings on .45 Colt. It can be loaded from .44 Spc to .44 Mag and everything between at much less pressure than the .44 Mag. The .42 would certainly fall in that range. I don't claim to have any familiarity with the .41, but I would bet there's something that can be loaded up to it or loaded down to it, whatever the need might be..

G2

Hunter
kimberguy2004":1rifh08g said:
The 41 Magnum was a solution in search of a problem.
...and that would be?
everything I have read over the years and to my understanding it was developed for the Highway Patrol as the .357 was just not quite enough.
Back in the day .45 Colt was loaded only in the lower pressure range and the JL writing's were non existent. The .41 was the middle ground between the .357/ .44 mag.
It is a nitch caliber, and for years a Smith M-57 was a dog of a gun.
One even sees OM Rugers in nice condition as I don't think they get shot all that much.
I Totally agree with the .45 Colt being the Mild to Wild Caliber TODAY, especially in a Ruger SA . . . or yes a Redhawk too.
.41Mag in the Acusport is a very addicting configuration.