Ruger 9E

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Well, I finally took the plunge and traded for Ruger's version of the Glock. Ruger 9E, pretty much a SR9 without the dreaded loaded chamber indicator. Shot about 100 rounds through it, zero malfunctions. I actually kind of like it. Don't tell nobody though!
(I still like the old P series guns better!)

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
gunman42782 said:
Well, I finally took the plunge and traded for Ruger's version of the Glock. Ruger 9E, pretty much a SR9 without the dreaded loaded chamber indicator. Shot about 100 rounds through it, zero malfunctions. I actually kind of like it. Don't tell nobody though!
(I still like the old P series guns better!)

I had to drift the rear sight on mine to get it zero'd. How was yours?

gunman42782

Hunter
Dead on. Well, let me take that back. It was dead on with my 115 grain lead RN reloads. Had some 147 HP reloads it shot high left. I just left it alone, as 115 grain is what I usually shoot.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
gunman42782 said:
Dead on. Well, let me take that back. It was dead on with my 115 grain lead RN reloads. Had some 147 HP reloads it shot high left. I just left it alone, as 115 grain is what I usually shoot.

Thanks. Guess I was just unlucky. Didn't have to move it much, maybe 1/32" right. Shoots the same regardless of ammo at common SD distances. I've run WWB 115gr fmj, Hornady135gr Critical Duty (std&+P), Hornady 124gr XTP, and 147gr Gold Dot trying to find out what it likes. Apparently Mikey likes everything. :D