Ruger 96/22mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gig

Single-Sixer
The other day I saw a used 96/22mag at a local gun shop. The rifle looked clean, felt nice with no visible defects.

I presently have a Ruger semi-auto 22mag and therefore am entertaining the idea of a second 22mag rifle in lever action.

Does anyone have any experience with the 96/22mag? accuracy, reliability.....???

thanks

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
I can't help you with the mag but I bought each one of my kids a 96/22. They have all funtioned flawlessly and have accoutned for a lot of squirrels and rabbits through the years. Steve

gig

Single-Sixer
Hey guys, tks for the info......and WAYNO tks for the link,,,,I did a search for 96/22 mag and came up with nothing specific.
Dang search engines, wish they weren't so exact. :x

stevek44

Bearcat
I don't know about the .22 mag but I have a 96/17 that I absolutely love. It works flawlessly and is accurate as can be. I have a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 on it and have had some very enjoyable days at the range with this combo, no jams, misfires or glitches of any kind. I have a friend who has a 10/22 mag, I've read that the .17HMR is somewhat close to the .22MAG in performance. Anyway, just a little more information for you to consider.

SteveK44..