Ruger 77 RLS Front Sight Height

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I need a replacement sight blade, spring and screw for the front sight on my Mark I 77 RLS. Before I go buy one, I need to know the height of the original. An one out there have one they can measure for me.
I was also wondering if the front sight blade, spring and screw for the RSI tang safety is interchangeable with the the ones for the RLS tang safety. It sure looks like they just changed the stock on these rifles. But looks can be deceiving.
Thanks
Bfly

3DTESTIFY

Single-Sixer
Blackfly, my RLS front sight blade measures .320" from top of sight ramp base to top of blade. I'm certain the RSI sight is the same as the RLS since it's basically an RSI barreled action in an ultra light stock. Hope this helps.

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
Thanks, that really helps!
I was just about ready to buy one, try it, and decide which one to buy next. It would not have been cheap, but would probably put some front sights on the classifieds.
Thanks again
Bfly

pete44ru

Hunter
FWIW, New England Custom Guns (let google be your friend) makes/markets replacement front sight blades for Ruger 77"s & #1's in several heights, bead sizes, and materials ( gold/ivory/fibre-optic).