Ruger 77 MK II All Weather Rifles with iron sights....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
Next up on my list of "Must Have" rifles is a Ruger 77 "All Weather Rifle" in .308 or 30/06 caliber. I want one like the below illustration, with iron sights:

I would take one with a Boat paddle, skeleton stock or a regular synthetic stock like the one in the ad.

Don't know why I have the Jones for this rifle like I do, I have other .308 and 30/06 rifles (a Ruger Scout Rifle and an American rifle) that would probably serve the same function. Maybe it's from watching so much Alaska Reality TV shows, seems like everyone in Alaska has a Ruger All Weather Rifle.

In the meantime, scratch my itch and show pics of your All Weather Rifle while I get my money right!

bentblade

Single-Sixer
Rifles are like women. Some you just fall in love with at first sight and have to hold.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
According to the forum's record keeper "chet15" , there were something like 10% or less of the production made with sights. I wonder if it was even that high of a number. They don't come along all that often that's for sure! So good luck in your search!

Mine is a 7mm Mag...

Last year I thinned out some of my collection and sold off way more rifles and revolvers than I ever thought I would. This one was for sale but I still have it and am not too sure I want to sell anymore! The sights are good enough that I used to knock pop cans around at 100 yards with regularity and it handles the 175 grain loads with ease. I prefer either a wood or laminate stock vs Rugers plastic. The rifles balance way better in my opinion.

Looks like I cropped off the front sight in that pic so here's the other side...

mcknight77

Blackhawk
I really like those rifles with sights. I have two .30-06s, one with the Zytel stock and one with the later plastic stock. I also have a 7Mag with Zytel, a .270 with Zytel, and a .223 with the later plastic stock. They all shoot very well.

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
I think what I will do is get a stainless Scout rifle in .308 (with flash hider), then get one of the synthetic Scout stocks available from Ruger and have a detachable magazine All Weather Rifle.

I have seen the Scout rifle with Synthetic stock and muzzle break, but I'll pass on the muzzle break. Obnoxuiosly loud....

DakotaDeer

Bearcat
I love those stainless 77 with sights also. If anyone has one for sale or knows of one, I'd sure like to get one for my sons. Please let me know.