Ruger 77/357 Magazine Insertion Problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GeezerD

Bearcat
After buying a Ruger 77/357, I found that inserting the magazine required a little manipulation of the release. I am a retired toolmaker and gunsmith so, I invesigated the issue and found that the bevel on the front receiver lug was not enough to clear the projection on the front of the magazine.

I increased the angle to about 30 degrees or a bit more to just clear the projection on the front of the magazine and now the mag can be inserted with one hand. I don't know if anybody else has had a problem with this but, the fix is easy and quick to do with a small half round file and some emory cloth.

I also picked up a couple of extra magazines and on one of them, the axle screw did not want to seat all the way to tighten up the magazine assembly. A quick call to Ruger and a new mag was on the way at no charge or return of the defective one. And that tells me that they must have known about this issue.

Anyway it was great service by Ruger and as of yesterday they still had some 77/357 mags in stock. ----- GeezerD

Latest posts