Ruger 77/22-RP with Zytel stock - value, rarity, how to sell

Help Support Ruger Forum:

canshooter

Bearcat
I have a NIB K77/22-RP in .22LR that I acquired over ten years ago. I've never shot it, mounted a scope or done anything with it. I have several other .22LR rifles I use, and just never got this one out. It is the "All-Weather" stainless version with the black synthetic Zytel stock.

It looks like this one:
21582385_5.jpg

Is this model popular? I see that Ruger doesn't make it anymore; how long did they make them, and how many did they make? How much is it worth to sell on gunbroker, gunsamerica, auctionarms? How much would I get selling it to a gun store?

Thanks, everyone.

hittman

Staff member
You should send a PM to our member Chet15 for info. And, see about getting a subscription to RENE.

Search completed auctions on Gun Broker to see what some may have actually SOLD for ..... not "asking" prices.

I have a couple of 10/22s with that boat paddle / skeleton stock and LOVE them. They're kind of a niche thing like the ugly international stocks though.

Oh.....and best way to sell it is determine what you want for it and put it in our Classified Section.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
You will do much better selling it individually through Gun Broker, Armslist, this forum's classified section, etc. then you will from any gun shop. Stressing that it's in nearly NIB (new in box) condition will make it more valuable, particularly if you really do have the box, owner's manual and all of the minor forms and accessories that came with it.

canshooter

Bearcat
hittman said:
You should send a PM to our member Chet15 for info. And, see about getting a subscription to RENE.

Search completed auctions on Gun Broker to see what some may have actually SOLD for ..... not "asking" prices.

Oh.....and best way to sell it is determine what you want for it and put it in our Classified Section.

What is RENE? I'm not familiar, and a web search didn't help?

Yeah, I'm familiar with looking at sold auctions on gunbroker. I find it a bit clunky to do so, but you're correct that it's more enlightening than all of the "for sale" listings with no bids.

When I figure out an asking price, I will post it here in the classifieds... if I don't strike a deal with the two people who have PM'd me already.

Thanks for your help.

9x19

Hunter
RENE = Red Eagle News Exchange, it's basically a Ruger collectors guide.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
hittman said:
..... the ugly international stocks.....

:evil: The RSI is Rugers most beautiful rifle, K10/22RSI, K77/22RSI, K77RSI, K1RSI

To OP, I had the same version in 17 HMR, sold it for a premium to a member here that wanted it way more than I did. As others say, do your research and price accordingly. There are some folks chasing these, I had several empty M77 boat paddle stocks I bought or traded into, pretty much doubled my money on the empties when I sold them.

hittman

Staff member
For RENE info see our Auction Items / Recurring Deals Section. The thread on it is one of the "sticky's".

Rocdoc

Buckeye
eastbank said:
mine has factory open sights on it.

All rifles should have factory open sight, even if you never use them, a rifle looks better with sights to me at least

"All rifles should have factory open sight, even if you never use them, a rifle looks better with sights to me at least"

Not me. No need for sights with a scope. Just something to snag stuff.

Mobuck said:
Not me. No need for sights with a scope. Just something to snag stuff.

I generally tend to agree with Mobuck on this one- except fot special circumstances.

Like when I rationalized my newer-style 77/22 purchase.

"No V-block AND sights. rare configuration. I'd better snap it up!" :p