Ruger 45 Colt Vaquero Bridgehead grip frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

George

Blackhawk
Hey, really just trying to see if I can post a picture directly from my phone without hosting it. As the title says it's a Vaquero in .45 Colt. It is a 2002 and came from the original owner that was a Vietnam vet in Older agent and was a safe Queen said to never have been fired! My FFL pick this up to sell for this gent as your favor to him. After looking at it and going over the gun he agreed he don't believe it was fired. When I went over to look at it to purchase the gun I went over it good, I also agreed. This is a nice gun, don't believe the gun was ever fired. I just love the look of it. I did swap out the grip frame for a correct xr3 red grip frame and black Ruger rubber/plastic grips with the Ruger badges. Keeping all original parts obviously. Again just posting to see if I could post a picture! Hope you guys and gals enjoy this one picture! Thank you for bearing with me! George

Attachments

• Ruger VBH .45 COLT.jpg
    Ruger VBH .45 COLT.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 134

contender

Ruger Guru
NICE!

If you look at the serial number, you can determine what frame size it is. The larger frame, (Blackhawk frame size,) will have a (2) digit prefix. A mid-framed gun, which is slightly smaller, will have a (3) digit prefix.

George

Blackhawk
Yep built in 2002 naturally box all paperwork and this one came with a letter from Davidson. Yes it is a large frame two digit prefix gun! What I found neat about it I don't remember offhand I'd have to dig it out but the date on it is marked fairly close to Bill Ruger seniors death. Which to me has significance, at least in my mind! Thank you for your comments and enjoying. Plus I learned I can post pictures. George