Ruger 44 Carbine Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

8pointer

Single-Sixer
I recently noticed an older Ruger 44 Carbine with a walnut finger groove stock. I'm not sure if the stock is original. I know they shipped 10/22s with finger groove stocks. Did they make them for the 44 Carbine as well?

wwb

Hunter
9x19":wedzptv0 said:
Yes, they did.

And they ain't very common.... that and the Mannlicher stock made up a very small percentage of the .44 carbines.

MYBABYISA44MAG

Single-Sixer
And I am the proud original owner of one....first gun I ever bought in 1970....killed my first deer with it, and many many more....accurate, deadly, and kinda cool....

dmazur

Bearcat
That finger groove stock is really neat looking! Definitely adds some character to the M1 carbine look that the typical .44 carbine shows.

I have two, 1980's vintage with the cartridge release button. The buttplate cracked on one, so I changed them both to steel (from Brownells) and haven't had any more issues.

If .44 carbine owners aren't concerned with "original parts" too much, these are a drop-in fit, same size and profile as the plastic, but steel. You can set it down on the ground with impunity. :)