Ruger 327 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hankus

Blackhawk
I was successful at the auction yesterday , the 2 guns were listed as consecutive serial numbers , which they were not . I won the bid on the first gun and the auctioneer offered me both saying it was a chance to keep them as a set . Now I am wishing now I would have taken him up on it . All in all I am happy to get one , I guess the old saying " hind sight is 20/20 " applies. ;)
Post pics when you receive it!!

57springer

Buckeye
Facebook_creation_93093223.png
Facebook_creation_93093223.png
I Am new at posting pics , still trying to figure it out .

lolbell

Single-Sixer
I was successful at the auction yesterday , the 2 guns were listed as consecutive serial numbers , which they were not . I won the bid on the first gun and the auctioneer offered me both saying it was a chance to keep them as a set . Now I am wishing now I would have taken him up on it . All in all I am happy to get one , I guess the old saying " hind sight is 20/20 " applies. ;)
Great snag. I think you're going love that Blackhawk. My stainless B/H probably gets shot more than any of my other handguns. If you are a reloader you can go from mild plinking to absolutely wild. I load everything in 327 brass to keep it simple. The Pinto remains unfired except factory test shot.

57springer

Buckeye
Great snag. I think you're going love that Blackhawk. My stainless B/H probably gets shot more than any of my other handguns. If you are a reloader you can go from mild plinking to absolutely wild. I load everything in 327 brass to keep it simple. The Pinto remains unfired except factory test shot.
Thanks . I really like it . I have found ammo with the help of another forum member . Looks like a week or so till I get the ammo. I reload most all my ammo, so when I shoot up these factory rounds I will be reloading for it . When brass from starline is made again I am going to "horde " some .

lolbell

Single-Sixer
Thanks . I really like it . I have found ammo with the help of another forum member . Looks like a week or so till I get the ammo. I reload most all my ammo, so when I shoot up these factory rounds I will be reloading for it . When brass from starline is made again I am going to "horde " some .
Be sure to wear good hearing protection. It's got a "crack" worse than the 30 Carbine Blackhawk. Even the mild loads cracks pretty good. If any of the ammo you're getting is the AE 100 grain you're going to find out it's a beast. Enjoy 😊

Armybrat

Buckeye
I never saw that one before . Nice ! I dont know how I have missed all these "special " revolvers . When was this birdshead produced ?
They are pretty hard to find now, as I think it was a limited Lipsey's special production. Paid $609+ shipping & ffl transfer.
Mine shipped in 2018 (I bought it that year) and has flawless fit & finish. Pretty neat little wheel gun.

32shooter

Blackhawk
You may well be correct about the older picture. I do believe it was 32shooter.

I'm happy to have my .327 Blackhawk,, but if I were to stumble upon a Pinto,, I'd be all over it like a hen on a june bug!
Yes, I had a pinto at one time. A member here on the Forum wanted one for his collection, and since I am more of an accumulator than a collector, I traded him for an all stainless one. I pulled the stags off and traded him.

Attachments

• 20200409_190105.jpg
    20200409_190105.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 61

chet15

Hawkeye
The final tally? Drumroll please... 3,729 of the KBN-3275 were produced! I would have never guessed that!! And during most of the time that it was produced, the KBN-3275 represented about 1/3 of Ruger's total 38- prefix output at the time!!!
How many pinto guns with stainless barreled frame and blue cylinder, Model 0356? There were 71.
And then I also ran into serial number 38-14533 which comes up as Ruger model 0357 in .327 Fed. I believe it to be a blue gun because there are 40-50 other blue .357 models before that serial number and after that serial number. I asked the pertinent people at the factory what configuration the 0357 was and they went quiet. I believe it to be the only blue Blackhawk made in .327 Fed. although I am unable to confirm. I believe it also has a 5-1/2" barrel like its stainless counterpart.
So through my research, it appears the cleanup occurred between 38-23963 and 38-24041 because that is where you will find the 71 "pinto" guns as well as the last 5 stainless KBN-3275's model 0353. With that, I believe the 71 blue cylinder "pinto" guns (model 0356) are the "leftovers" from when the blue .327 Blackhawk (38-14533) was considered.
Chet15

Last edited:

Say When!

Bearcat
The final tally? Drumroll please... 3,729 of the KBN-3275 were produced! I would have never guessed that!!
Hi chet15:

May I please ask what is your source data for these production numbers?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Say When!