Ruger 327 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Hi chet15:

May I please ask what is your source data for these production numbers?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Say When!
I counted them.
Ruger's sn lookup page is very handy, and includes nearly complete records from 1984 or so to date. I've found some records back to 1977 so far.
I'm working on several different series' right now.
Knowledge is king. And the more knowledge that gets dispersed among the masses, the more demand for the things we collect.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
"Hi chet15:

May I please ask what is your source data for these production numbers?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Say When!"

Welcome to the Forum Say When! !!

Just so you are aware,, Chad,, (chet15) is the publisher of the best source of Ruger reference material. The Red Eagle News Exchange. He does EXTENSIVE research, and has many people who assist in the information he publishes.
He'd be the very first one to say,, "I'm not perfect, and my info may not be 100%." But For those of us who collect,, we can say,, his info is about the best source available to us. Even the factory folks often get a lot of stuff wrong. They are manufacturers & workers,, Chad is a collector,, and there is the difference.

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
Haven't stopped by for a while, but had to catch up on this thread! Of all the models Ruger has ever produced, this seems to be their most stealthy ever. I was having a 327 FM built on a S&W Model 66 donor and saw them on GB on clearance... first I'd heard of them and I didn't even know they were 8-shooters when I put in my order! I refer to it as my "stud hoss" and use it for load development for all my straight sided 32 revolver cartridges. Even with the 32 combo Buckeye Special I finally replaced, I have no desire to let the big hoss go. Seller's Remorse is too painful.
Froggie

Say When!

Bearcat
I counted them.
Ruger's sn lookup page is very handy, and includes nearly complete records from 1984 or so to date. I've found some records back to 1977 so far.
I'm working on several different series' right now.
Knowledge is king. And the more knowledge that gets dispersed among the masses, the more demand for the things we collect.
Chet15
Thank you very much.
Kind regards,
Say When!

Hankus

Blackhawk

paboxcall

Bearcat
PXL_20200930_193512161.jpg

Put a set of burl grips on my .327. This thing is joyous to shoot with 8 rounds, but as noted above, it cracks.

My 8 shooter is now a Bisley ( have all the original parts) it just feels better in my hand.
Picked up a Single Six, 6 shooter with an opened up frame and twin larger cylinders for 327 and 32-20.
IMG_3740.png
IMG_3739.png

Last edited: