Ruger #3 info

Help Support Ruger Forum:

savoyspecial1

Bearcat
I saw this gun for sale and bought it. Guy I bought it from got it from a gun show a while back and didn't know any details on it. It's labeled ruger #3 chambered in 223. It has an octagon barrel and nice stock but I can't find anywhere that they were made with an octagon barrel. I am assuming the stock was upgraded and the barrel has been replaced unless this is a special model. If anyone knows anything about the ruger #3's please let me know and what you think the value of the gun is or if they made a special mode. Thank you

G2

Hunter
It appears to be a very nicely built custom. As other's have mentioned, referred to as a No. 2 now.
Any mention of who's barrel? You might want to pull off the forend and look at the bottom of the barrel for a makers mark.
You didn't mention what you paid, but that probably does not matter if your happy.

Let us know how it shoots.

Congratulations!

savoyspecial1

Bearcat
Thanks guys for the info, I will check for a makers mark. I paid $1100 for the gun along with 200 rounds of ammo and I just figured it was a good deal seeing that normal ones that were not as nice looking were selling for around the same

9mmTed

Bearcat
Down by the Green River where Paradise Lay, Kentuc
Nice rifle. I have a No 3 in 223, and fell in love with the gun. I have desired a No 3 in 45-70 for a while now, and just made an online purchase yesterday. I should have it in hand in a week or so, but I'm really looking forward to handloading for it. I can see another No 3 in my future if a deal presents itself.

G2

Hunter
Recently had 44 Magnum day.
No.3
No.1
99/44
52670648247_7abefeae5f_c.jpg

Not pictured No.3's,,, 375 & 30-40, they stayed home …🙄

drjjpdc

Bearcat
Here is a Ruger No. 3 that I purchased and sold. The barrel was heavy & .38-55 and 29" long. I hated to part with it but I needed a few bucks.

Ruger No. 3.jpg