Ruger 22 handguns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Which do you guys prefer for plinking? Single action, double action, or semi auto. I prefer single action.
20230511_122107.jpg

The Norseman

Blackhawk
My favorite plinking is in single action. Don't
get me wrong, but I like plinking also with
my other handguns too.

There's just something about taking your
time shooting; loading six, shooting six,
and ejecting six.

I've done double-action in my Smith &
Wesson's once in a great, great while.
It has no interest for me, but just to
formalize myself.

Semi-automatics always end fast and
furious. A waste of ammo, but just
a good formalization.

The Best to you and your Endeavors.

P.S. - nice, good taste in Pistols OP.
To my liking also.

9x19

Hunter
Hmm, let's see... I have
LCP II
SR-22
22/45 Mk II
22/45 Mk III
22/45 Mk IV
LCRX 3"
I think I prefer the semi-autos.
😋

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
I never liked big .22's, or full sized centerfires bored to .22. They get boring quick. I like my .22 SP101 4" but that's as big as I like for a .22

I have a MKI and a MKIV, they also feel perfect for .22 but I also lose interest after 100 rounds and usually end up picking cans or water bottles out of the garbage at the club to shoot. Punching paper with a .22 auto doesn't do much for me .

The Bearcat feels perfect for .22 because it's fun, feels good in my hand and kind of lives in between a "kit gun" , small plinker, carry gun, "throw in the range bag as a little piece to pop stuff with before packing up". I fired some Stingers through it and it felt like a .22 Mag

I feel like with a single action .22 I find myself being like "one more cylinder and it's time to go" and end up putting another 50 through it , or 50 more after that because I can't put it down.

The NAA is kind of a Ruger cousin, since they sort of share a bloodline and even they are inexplicably fun to see if you can hit anything with. They are very snappy with Stingers and fun to practice with. I even have a .22 Short NAA that's impossible not to have fun with. Too bad .22 Short costs more than 9mm

20230510_182325.jpg

20230511_140043.jpg

hedrok

Single-Sixer
I guess I'm the odd ball amongst the readers here…I almost NEVER shoot single action. Since my carry gun is a DAO, concealed hammer revolver, I practice improving/maintaining technique that I might need for self defense follow up shots. It's pretty simple to "stage" a trigger so as to have a short "pull" to light off a round…and then "stage" a follow up without either changing grip or getting the other hand involved. I'm sure I'd shoot more accurately with the single action…but since our Bullseye league is 1 hand only…I just stay with the DA.

Latest posts