Ruger 22 auto, how old

Help Support Ruger Forum:

otis24

Bearcat
My boss has a Ruger .22 automatic. What I would call a Mark I(?). However, it does not have a Mark designation (Mark I, Mark II, Mark III). It just says Ruger .22. Would this be a Mark I pistol? The serial number is 10-09832.

Thanks in advance!

Clovishound

Blackhawk
If I am reading it correctly, this serial number was manufactured in 1969. The only .22 pistol I see in their history at this time was the Mark I.

You can go to Ruger's website and look under customer service, and then product history. It will give you a pop up with dates for serial number ranges.

96/44

Blackhawk
The fixed sight guns of that vintage were standard autos. The adjustable sight target models were stamped "Mark 1". You will see many of the standards advertised as MK1's, which is not really correct. They are identical, other than the barrel and sights. Once the MKII came out, they were all stamped MKII, even the fixed sight guns.

Good info above, sounds like he has the "standard" auto, and depending on just which of TWO barrels (4 3/4 inch or 6-inch) then its either an "RST-4" or an "RST-6............bread and butter of the 22 semi autos back then.